How to manually clean out vendor's bootstrapping DLL addon's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manually clean out vendor's bootstrapping DLL addon's

I am trying to remove SharkIndicators tools from NT8.
    I may have not removed the tools correctly in the beginning, but my NT8 now having error messages during startup due to missing DLL's.

Here are the steps I've done:
    - Backup my NT8 settings using NT backup.
    - Uninstall NT8.
    - Uninstall SharkIndicators using Windows "Add or remove Programs"
    - Move my Document\Ninjatrader 8\ to a different place.
    - Re-install NT8.
    - Restore my previous backup.

(After the fact, I think I could have done it better if I removed the vendor tool BEFORE the NT backup.)

Now, I am having load errors during NT8 startup due to the missing vendor DLL's. I clicked "Ignore" on them.
    NT8 appears to be loaded okay and let me bypass the bootstrap errors. All of my indicators, strategies, and my original work space now look fine.

I think NT8 might still work fine in this state (may be!) But I'd rather have a clean running platform.

Note that, I also, reinstall NT8 in repair mode, but that did not fix the bootstrap problem.

Same issue happens on me. The last thing I have not yet tried is to install a NT8 version before 8.0.18.1. Ninjatrader support team asked me to send them the log and trace files but after doing some analyses on these files, I think the files will not give much hope to solve the problem. I didn't send them the files as I prefer to solve it by myself (though the Ninjatrader support team have always been helpful and supportive). I have the feeling that there is a rouge indicator and I prefer NT to implement a debug mode (not safe mode) so log/trace file can register in a much finer manner. But hoping NT to implement something doesn't seem to be...
    Last edited by timko; 08-17-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

In NT8, Open a NinjaScript Editor.

Open any indicator in editor and select compile.

Right click in editor and select References. Scroll down till you see the dll references you don't want any more. Select and remove.

Compile editor again. If clean, restart NT8.
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

I would recommend that you contact the developer for specific removal instructions. In general here are two ways to remove add-ons:
        • Indicators/strategies can come as packages called 'assemblies'. If you've installed indicators/strategies using a .exe file instead of importing it using a .zip file it is most likely an assembly and will need to be removed by going to Tools > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
        • To remove NinjaScript individually you can go to New > NinjaScript Editor > Double click on the 'Indicators' folder > Right click on the indicator you wish to remove and select 'Remove'. Repeat these steps for all indicators/strategies you wish to remove.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB