Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Differences in currency values between playback and optimizer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences in currency values between playback and optimizer ?

There is a difference between the optimizer trades and playback trades in the value of saying a ten pip trade.

The optimizer is set not to show commissions and when my strategy wins a trade of 10 pips and buying 40000 contracts in the optimizer it shows a profit of £40.00 profit, but when I play the same strategy through the playback connection and wins the same 10pips and again set at 40000 contracts the profit is £32.00?

I have had slippage set to 1 and 0 and it doesn't seem to make any difference

I am using the same forex GBPUSD instrument and have set the optimizer to high resolution and type tick and value 1, finding the trades are very similar to playback in comparison.
    I can then put all the settings into the strategy Analyzer Backtest and the value of the trade is the same as the optimizer value for a 10 pip win = £40.00

When I then use playback, Market replay the trades are all the same in comparison but when the trades are made and a 10 pip profit is made and the same 40000 contacts set the profit shows only £32.00

I am not understanding why they are different, it seems that the same contract size is showing differing amounts between Playback 10pipsx40000contacts =£32.00 and optimizing and Backtest 10pipsx40000=£40.00

I cannot see any adjustment I can make to make them the same ?

Regards and thanks

Hello fredfred,

Backtest, real-time, and playback may have different results.

Does the script have intra-bar granularity?
    Is TickReplay enabled?
    Have you used prints to find what values are different?

Below is a link to a forum post with a demonstration and information about how to find the answers to these questions.
    Citizens of the NinjaTrader Community, A common question we hear from clients is 'why are results from backtest different from real-time or from market replay?'. Live orders are filled on an exchange with a trading partner on an agreed upon price based on market dynamics. Backtest orders are not using these market dynamics.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post rocketman7  
    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
    2 responses