Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Way to show price on extended horizontal line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to show price on extended horizontal line?

I use horizontal lines a lot and would like to be able to see the price they are drawn at. Possible?

check link for Price Line Indicator : https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d=7&linkid=722
    A simple indicator that adds the price value to any Horizontal Line drawn on the chart. Note: Press F5 to reload script and add price to any newly drawn horizontal lines.
    Last edited by Emma1; 08-18-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Thank you, but that does not work in Ninja 8.

Comment

In NT8, I think the indicator "Price line" does that. Or, you can use indicator "SMA" (simple moving average), then in properties set Period to 1, and set Plot Style to Horizontal line.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
          In NT8, I think the indicator "Price line" does that. Or, you can use indicator "SMA" (simple moving average), then in properties set Period to 1, and set Plot Style to Horizontal line.
          Thanks for replying, but these aren't what I'm looking for either as they plot the price on the current price. I am wanting to display price on any horizontal line I draw (i.e. I want to know my support line is at 123.00 by it displaying 123 somewhere on the line. I would have thought it's a simple display option for the Horizontal Line drawing tool (as is the case with nearly every other charting pattern out there), but apparently not.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

An indicator that accomplishes this is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
            This indicator will read the horizontal lines that you have applied to a chart and display the price at which that line sits.

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
            1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
            • Right click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there a way to make it so this price line, or horizontal drawing tool only extends to the right and not the left. I want to know the bar that I used to draw the line and therefore I most often dont want this to extend to the left.

Comment

on my discord channel you will find a large selection of label drawing tools. these drawing tools come automatically with every indicator you install from there.

Check out the Sidi Trading community on Discord - hang out with 869 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1259620
                sidlercom80
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Sidi Trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM