Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant Get an Indicator To Work

Hello,
    I downloaded an indicator and uploaded to my NT8 Platform successfully, and also added to my chart. Can you give me any tips on making it show up? I cant see it on my chart.
    Thank you !
    2/8/2019 Fixed issue where bidRows and askRows were not properly locked between MarketDepth and OnRender. Speculator Ed’s Level 2 indicator Press F5 to refresh indicators if level 2 becomes out of sync. changelog: v2.0: – combined different depths with same price (good for stocks) – removed highlighting of 3rd cumulative depth price (complications with combining […]

Hello,

Thank you for your post,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 06-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.

(For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I have using version 8.0.18.1 64-bit
      I am also connected to the NT brokerage data.
      The chart I am connected to is ES 09-19. I cant seem to connect to live data either. I just got my data feed setup on Friday, and I plan to call the NT support center tomorrow to troubleshoot that issue.
      It is possible that these two problems are related.

Comment

Thank you for you reply.

Testing on my end, the chart indicator does require the connection to display. Feel free to write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com so we may troubleshoot the connection issue tomorrow via remote support.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Ok, I was able to get my market data working.
          I do see the indicator, but it is all up on the top right corner Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-18 224838.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1067794 .

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Press the F at the top of the chart - this should restore the chart to include the indicator in chart scaling.

Within the Indicator settings, select the box for Auto scale to ensure all plots are always included in the chart.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Thanks. I have checked and auto scaled is enabled and I pressed F. Still no moment form this indicator. It is visible, but buncoed up in the top right corner as in my screen shot. Any other suggestions to get this working?

Comment

I downloaded, installed, and placed this indicator on a chart. I could not reproduce this symptom:

Can you confirm that your chart is effectively identical to mine?

Can you recreate this symptom in a new chart with no templates or other custom add-ons?

Comment

Thank you. That worked. I was able to identify the indicator that was causing the issue, it was the RFKtrademarks indicator. Once I removed it, I was able to see the other indicator. No Idea of what that may have been causing a problem. Any suggestions?

Comment

Add-ons made by different developers are not guaranteed to function together without issue. I would recommend reaching out to the developer of the 'RFK' indicator to see if they have any recommendations to improve compatibility with the other indicator.

Comment

Ok, thank you for all of your assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post adeelshahzad