Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data not loading in new chart

Good Morning,
    I did try to find my answer first before writing! I am new to NT8. When I load a chart for NQ 09/19 historical data does not load. I was able to load a chart just fine for CL and ES. I have deleted all data and tried again but still not working. Any ideas? When I make the chart it starts from that time point forward.
    Thanks, Mark

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

8.0.18.1 64-bit
      Ninjatrader Continuum
      3 min
      No errors. Just starts painting current candle

Comment

If you right-click on your chart and select 'reload all historical data', does historical data fill in the chart?

Comment

Hi Patrick = Reloading historical data does not help. I cannot figure this out Click image for larger version

Name:	NQ.png
Views:	1183
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	1067941

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2247978 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
              • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2247978 ATTN PatrickG
              Hi. I have the same problem. Can I send you my log too?
              Last edited by Buckeye2; 08-21-2019, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Yes, anyone experiencing this symptom may follow the instructions in post #6 so we may assist you accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                  Will control center provides solution fast ?
                  Last edited by sammyjs1; 02-12-2020, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Contacting us via the Control Center is effectively sending us an email from directly within NinjaTrader. Email response time is less than 10 minutes during our regular support hours (Monday through Friday 8:30AM-6:00PM Eastern US time).

If you don't immediately receive an automated response to your email when sending us an inquiry, this means we did not receive your email. Try sending a message from your email inbox (or an alternative) to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Check your junk and spam folders for messages from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and ensure these messages are allowed to arrive in your inbox.

Comment

Hello,

I am having similar trouble accessing historical data. I attempted to follow the instructions as provided in the forum but no luck. I have also provided a link to a video that highlights my problem:

In the video, you can see I am attempting to load up to 180 days on the 60M timeframe for TSLA. Unfortunately, it only loads candles up to Sept 1st.

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! In the interim, I'll go ahead and send an email via the Control Center. Thanks!

Comment

gravityflyer , I believe I answered you via email, however, I also provide the answer here. You are connecting to TD Ameritrade who only provides about 50 days of historical data. You would need to connect to a data provider (Kinetick, Interacive Brokers) who supplied more historical stock minute data if you wanted to see 180 days of data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                        115 responses
                        1 like
                        Last Post kevinenergy  
                        Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH