Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM Connection

Hello,

For the previous 6 months or so, I have never had a problem logging onto FXCM . . . but today for the past few hours, when I try to connect, I receive the below message and every time I try, the 7 digit number in the error message changes, I have even rebooted my computer with still no success, I also checked to make that I was connected to the internet, which I am.

My FXCM:HTTP request failed object='/pdas/servlet?
    md=2152890' errorcode=28 (Panic)

Please Help
    Dorian

We are seeing that many FXCM demo users are experiencing this symptom, but the symptom is not universal. We are working with FXCM to determine the root cause of the errors. I'll follow up in this forum post when I have more information

If you (or any other users experiencing this same FXCM connectivity issue) want to provide us with additional data for our investigation, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred:
    • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.=
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2248843 ATTN Patrick G
    • In the body of the message, please also provide your FXCM login credentials.

Comment

This happens today daylong.

Comment

This error is typically associated with FXCM demo accounts not being able to connect properly. Is this happening with a live connection or a demo connection? If demo, about how long ago was the demo requested?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          This error is typically associated with FXCM demo accounts not being able to connect properly. Is this happening with a live connection or a demo connection? If demo, about how long ago was the demo requested?
          Demo account, was created in Sep 2018.

But connects successfully today so far.

Comment

Nope, this happened again.

Are you suggesting to create new demo account?

Comment

FXCM demos are only meant to last approximately 30 days, so it is surprising that your demo login credentials still work (even if it's intermittently).

One likely solution is to request a new demo, however demos from FXCM are no longer available. There is another FXCM demo available for use with the latest version of NinjaTrader 8. Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data:The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to NinjaTrader Forex:If you want to troubleshoot the FXCM issue, I would first contact FXCM and ask what the error represents. Simultaneously, you could follow these general networking troubleshooting steps:
              • Restart NinjaTrader
              • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
              • Restart your PC
              • Clear your DNS
              • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
              • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
              • Ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
                • Right-click on your Start button
                • Select 'Device Manager'
                • Expand 'Network Adapters'
                • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
                • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
                • Click 'OK' to save the changes
                • Do this for all Network Adapters
              • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
              Please let me know the results of this test and also what FXCM reports about this specific error message.

Comment

NinjaTrader's free live data is the only choice now for a new demo accounts?

Looks like it has no data for Gold, FXCM did have.

Comment

I just created a new free NinjaTrader forex trading demo account featuring live data through FXCM here:

NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

Connected successfully, e-mail was received.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                  Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive