MA and Alerts Behaving Erratically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MA and Alerts Behaving Erratically

I started using NT8 about three weeks ago. I spent the first week learning all the configurations/settings for what I was trying to accomplish. In short, I use the Nison Candlestick Scanner (NCS) to scan for specific chart patterns in MA (Market Analyzer) and then send me an email alert when a specific pattern appears. Last week I began testing this. It worked flawlessly for about 24 hours and then just stopped sending alerts even though MA was being notified of the specific patterns NCS was looking for. A bit perplexed, I reconfigured all the settings and let it work its magic once more. Again, it worked flawlessly for about 12 hours and then stopped working again. This weekend I did some research and decided to clear all workspaces and clear the cache in NT8 by going to: Documents>NT8>db> and then deleting the cache folder. I set it up to being testing this morning and once again it worked flawlessly for about the first 5 hours and then started behaving erratically again.

I'm using NT version 8.0.18.1 64-bit. My OS is Win 10 Pro Version 1903 Build # 18362.295. Win 10 was reinstalled on this computer on 8/11/19 and the only software that has been installed on it is NT8 and Office. That's it. So there shouldn't be anything running in the background causing these issues.

I have attached three screenshots. The first (8.19.19.1300missed) shows the alert log from this morning. There was one alert at 8:00am and four at 9:00am. At that point NT8 was working perfectly. MA detected the correct candlestick patterns, sent me the alerts, and they were recorded in the Alert Log. MA correctly detected no other chart patterns until 13:00. On the same screenshot in the upper right you can see my cross hairs on the candle it missed. (You can tell by the time in the lower right hand corner that the screen shot was taken at 2:36pm) Even though the chart correctly recoginzed the TB chart pattern, MA analyzer did NOT detect it and there is no record of it in the Alert Log.

If you move to the second screen shot (8.19.19.1500miss), at 2:00pm on the GBPUSD there was a E (Bearish Engulfing) pattern that was detected and the appropriate alert was sent as can been seen in the Alert Log. Then at 3:00pm on the same pair a shooting star was detected and the MA correctly recognized it. HOWEVER, there was NO alert sent and it was not recorded in the Alert Log.

The third screenshot (8.19.19.1600miss) shows MA correctly detecting candle patterns on the EURGBP, USDCAD, and USDJPY, but no alerts were sent, and nothing was recorded in the Alert Log. At this point I'm assuming MA and the alert system have completely broken down.

So after several hours of performing perfectly NT8 starts behaving erratically. Sometimes it completely misses a pattern, sometimes it does exactly what it is supposed to, and sometimes the MA recognizes it but doesn't send the alert or record it in the Alert Log.

Frankly, I'm not completely sure if the issue is with NCS or NT8. I tend to lean heavily towards NT8 because the charts are printing the patterns correctly and NT8 handles it fine for the first few hours and then the erratic behavior begins between MA, sending the alert, and recording the alert in the Alert Log. The most common occurrence once NT8 starts to behave erratically is for MA to correctly detect the candlestick pattern, but NOT send the alert OR record it in the Alert Log as seen in the third screenshot. Click image for larger version  Name:	8.19.19.1300missed.jpg Views:	1 Size:	162.6 KB ID:	1067915Click image for larger version  Name:	8.19.19.1500miss.jpg Views:	1 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	1067916Click image for larger version  Name:	8.19.19.1600miss.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	1067917 Please advise.
    Last edited by crazyhorse2393; 08-19-2019, 03:26 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.

Please send me screenshots of your alert configuration, screenshots of your email share service configuration, and your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: #2248867 ATTN Tyler

I look forward to being of assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Skifree
    by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM