Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll over of futures data

Hello,
    New to NT and just going through the settings.
    I want to ensure that the instruments I will be trading are going to automatically rollover and be updated.
    When I attempt to update, I encounter the error in the screenshot provided here. Any ideas as to why this may be happening?Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation 2019-08-19 190418.jpg Views:	1 Size:	693.6 KB ID:	1067936

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The first thing I would recommend doing is shutting down NinjaTrader and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list.

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.
    Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have no vpn and NT is added as an exception to my windows firewall. I also shut down NT and restarted. I disconnected from my NT data fee and tried to update and reconnected to my NT data fee an also tried to connect, both with no luck.
      I have no instruments in the list, not sure if I should.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

It's expected for the box to be empty if all current contracts are loaded. From the screen shot, I see only current expires. The button should not trigger the error if pressed in any case.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Include ticket number 2248986 in the body of the email.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

#Newtrader101 - FYI aside from your technical problems, re: your expressed desire "
          I want to ensure that the instruments I will be trading are going to automatically rollover and be updated.", you may want to be aware that there is no feature in the stock platform for instruments to automatically rollover. There is some functionality for 'pushed' notifications to tell you of impending rollovers but this is limited to the main instruments e.g. US Indices etc i.e. the onus is on you to know when and manually roll . Furthermore rollover is by date only, there is no volume-based solution, should you want it.

There is a Ninjatrader add-on you can put on your chart which will show you the upcoming rollover date of the instrument in the chart, and this can be set to roll automatically, by date only. If you want by volume, you have to use & maintain Market Analyser.for the job

Hope this helps,
          Kind regards,

Comment

Thank you for the follow up.
            I have attached both folder to an email as requested.
            I look forward to your response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes