Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New issues with the TDA API

Message in the log:

2019-08-21 09:00:56:458|3|4|There was a problem updating the account: We were unable to process your request. Please try again later.

NT8 unable to get Positions from the broker as you start NT8. Restarting NT8 usually fixes this error, but it is happening every day for the last 10 days. Worth having a look to see if anything has changed within the API?

Thank you

We have not made any major changes to the TD Ameritrade API recently, and could not do this 'on the fly' - changing an API on our end would require a new installation of NinjaTrader.

I could not reproduce this symptom on my end. I'll likely need your log and trace files to investigate why you're experiencing this symptom, but let's see if there is anything we can learn with publicly-shareable information.

Can you elaborate on what, if anything, has changed about your NinjaTrader or your PC or your TD Ameritrade account since this symptom began?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Nothing has changed on my side. I have added an option to my setup to close NT8 and restart it before I need the program to be up and running with everything loaded. This bug does not always happen but in case it happens, my fix would take care of it. I am guessing it is a problem at TDA not responding with the positions request but that is as far as I know. I am not an expert programmer. Just reporting what is happening. Thank you.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2250813 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Dear Patrick,

I am afraid I can not do what you ask. Every time I start NT8, I start with a clean database (previously saved with my own settings), and deleting both data and cache from the db folder to prevent data corruptions, as it happened a couple of times in the past, and also deleting both trace and logs. Another reason I do this is because I backup the whole NT folder a couple of times a day and like to keep it as clean as possible without any unnecessary files. If this issue happens again, I will copy both log and trace files to another folder and email them to you for your review.
          As I said, this issue fixes itself if you just restart NT8. I believe it must be something going on at the TDA server side, but this is just a guess, and maybe something to be tested with the API. Once again, just guessing. But you have seen the message from the log and that is probably a message coming from TDA.
          Thank you once again.

Comment

Hello,

Files sent now, as requested.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes