Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Issues 2:00 to 3:30 PM eastern 4-23

Hi,

I have had a few issues with intermittent connectivity to CGQ / Price feed in the past, but today I hit a new error / issue along with disconnecting to CGQ.

First error message I hit was:
    Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-001.ninjatrader.com.

Then I was disconnected to the data feed:

NinjaTrader Continuum (Live): Primary connection=Connection lost, Price feed=Connection lost

Then it was restored:
    Connection restored to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-001.ninjatrader.com

NinjaTrader Continuum (Live): Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected

Then for 30 to 45 it kept disconnecting and reconnecting intermittently. Eventually I hit the snag where it disabled my strategy with this message: "lost price connection for more than 10 seconds and will be restarted." So I was left naked on some orders.

I hit a similar issue a couple weeks ago where my data feed would disconnect, but this is the first time I have had the NT server disconnect as well. Considering I am seeing issues in connecting to both the NT server, as well as the data feed does this imply that the issue is between NT and the data feed (In this case Continuum)?

I have seen similar threads regarding disconnecting the NT server, for example: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ad.php?t=95232

Is this a similar problem, could you check on your end and let me know what is causing this?

If it helps the connection it was using to connect to the NT server was this:
    Using HDS (hds-us-001.ninjatrader.com/31655)

I would be glad to email my logs, or provide any other information you need.

For reference I am on a VPS in Chicago in the same building as the CGQ data feed, so it is unlikely this is related to the internet connection, but I will also check with the VPS service company to make sure there was no issue there either.

Thanks,

Ian

Hello iantg,

Thanks for the post.

If your NinjaTrader installation is running on a VPS, the connection that NinjaTrader is getting is coming from the network of the datacenter the VPS is running in.

Normally, the troubleshooting for connection drops would be to reset your modem and router in your house, but this is not the case since your NinjaTrader installation is receiving data from a VPS.

I would advise contacting the VPS company so see why you are getting disconnects. The network of the VPS is what caused the disconnecting so that would be the first place to start troubleshooting the connection loss issue.

Please let me know what you find out from the VPS provider, I will look forward to your reply.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

Thanks for helping me out. I also reached out to my VPS guy and he informed me that the issue was on that side today.... So he is working on resolving the issue.

Thanks,

Ian

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      170 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80  
      Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
      2 responses