Gann Fan drawing tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gann Fan drawing tool

OK, don't laugh - I'm playing with Gann Fans (again).

I've re-discovered the old problem that made me _hate_ the fan drawing tool on Ninja. The fact that the drawing object appears to not be a set of lines, but a whole block that covers _everything_ the fan covers (which is normally most of your chart bars, lines, etc.). This always makes it impossible to click on anything else below. I know you can shft-wheel, which makes some bits more accessible than others, but still. It's a royal pain... Any way around this? Any one know of one that draws just the lines, not a whole area, so this issue is not experienced?

Thanks.

If you set the Opacity of the fan to "0"....then you can click on objects below the fan....
    Gann fans are not as accurate as Fibonacci fans incidentally.....possibly an option here ??
    Could the length of fan lines also be user limited as desired in price & time ??
    Last edited by Alfred; 08-23-2019, 10:23 AM. Reason: more explicit info

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
      If you set the Opacity of the fan to "0"....then you can click on objects below....
      Gann fans are not as accurate as Fibonacci fans incidentally.....possibly an option here ??
      Could the length of fan lines also be user limited in price & time ??
      Aha! Much appreciated. Thanks. Seems to do the trick. I will take a look at Fib fans too, if I can find one. Cheers.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4199. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-03-2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Closeview Trading has several excellent products for Gann fans on the ecosystem. These products are very user friendly and enable the user to display fans easily. Vendor is extremely helpful; user guide and videos are detailed and comprehensive

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post inanazsocial  
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader