Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Realtime Market Data Connection Preference between accounts from the same Provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realtime Market Data Connection Preference between accounts from the same Provider

Hi ,
    I have Interactive Broker as my Broker and Market Data Provider. I have two accounts with IB that I have configured as Connection 1 & Connection 2
    In one of the accounts ( Connection 1) I have purchased the NYSE Data feed.
    In Tools --> Options --> Market Data I have set Interactive Broker as preferred data provider for every thing.

Now I connect to Connection 1 first and then to Connection2 so NT8 takes IB-Connection 1 for Market Data.

Problem comes when Connection 1 drops and I reconnect it without disconnecting Connection 2 first. In this case IB switched to Connection 2 as Market Data Provider and starts giving errors that Market data is not available.

Is there a way to programmatically set Market Data Provider Connection as "Connection 1" soon as Connection 1 is reconnected ?

Hello vivekniwas, thanks for your post.

Currently, the primary data feed is determined by which one connects first. So in the case of connection 1 dropping and connection 2 taking over, you would need to disconnect from both accounts and re-connect. Try restarting your network hardware (modem, router) and also your PC to fix these disconnections you are getting, because that should not happen regularly. Also, make sure you are connected through ethernet and not WiFi.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I please vote that this problem is fixed. It's not acceptable for it to switch data providers and then not switch back automatically. There needs to be a better monitoring / configuration setup to manage connections. It's just not good enough to hope that the correct one is connected. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, I will submit a feature change for this setting. I will have a feature tracking ID shortly.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Sam2515
        by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM