I asked for 5 days of data and got this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked for 5 days of data and got this

Please see attached. I should have labeled that picture why so few bars, rather than why no bars.
    As you can see, in Data Series, I asked for 5 days worth of data. This is on the EURUSD, 144 volume chart, with my new 30 day free demo with Forex.com using NT 8 charts.
    I'm up to date on my NT 8 version, running version 8.0.13.1 with MyForex.com beta live data. Other charts seem to load nicely. What gives, is there something screwy with volume charts on Forex...oh yeah, that's right you don't get real volume, only tick volume with Forex. Is this the problem, is this why I only see a few bars on the chart?
    I'm sure there's some kind of logical explanation. Please advise.
    Thanks,
    Tasuki
    p.s. the longer I leave the chart running, the more bars show up. Could the problem be that NT 8 just isn't storing or retrieving historical data? Hmmm, that can't be it, because tick charts are fine, as are minute charts.
    Attached Files

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your note.

Resetting your instruments should resolve this item.

To reset your instruments, please take the steps below.

First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management

In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

no cigar

Nice try, Eric, but no cigar. See attached. I followed your instructions, everything seemed to go smoothly. Shut down and restarted NT8 but no improvement.This time I tried a 1000 volume chart with 3 days of data and was rewarded with exactly one bar on the chart!
      Got to be something simple. I'd really like to get this to work since I have found volume charts very useful.
      Thanks,
      Tasuki
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Please go to Tools > Options > Market Data. Verify "Get data from server" is checked > Press OK.

Next, please go to Connections > Configure > select the FXCM connection in the lower left. To the right under Settings, please select "NinjaTrader historical data servers" > Press OK.

Once complete, please disconnect/reconnect. Let me know if you see the same after taking these steps.

Comment

OK, this is getting pesky

Thanks, Eric, but still no cigar. Please see attached. I followed your instructions, restarted NT8 (and restarted computer), and still I'm seeing the same weird few bars on a volume chart. Tick and time charts just fine. Checked out range, second, minute, day, week, month, Heiken Ashi, Kagi, Renko, P&F, and Line Break, and they're all OK. Volumetric didn't work but I gather that's because I don't have a lifetime license.

Very strange. Love to know why my the one type of chart I'd really like, volume, is giving this weird issue. Must be a solution somehow,
          Thanks,
          Tasuki
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry to hear that didn't help. Testing the issue on my end with Forex.com data and the NinjaTrader Historical Data server enabled, the chart is able to fill the chart historically with the current Data Series settings.

To test, please use the steps below to clear the data cache folders manually.

To clear the cache, please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:
            My Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

Also, because the issue may be due with being able to request the data as well, I also recommend shutting down your PC and restarting your modem/router.

If you have an antivirus/firewall installed you will want to add NinjaTrader to its exceptions list as well.

Let me know if you see the same issue after taking these steps.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses