• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SMA Slope Direction Color Indicator Add-On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMA Slope Direction Color Indicator Add-On

Looking for a NT8 importable script add-on that enables the user to colorize a single SMA line according to slope direction. I.E., SMA line is green when sloping up and is red when sloping down.

Hello Mike3238,

There is a similar existing script that demonstrates this using the EMA that can be adapted to your needs.

Below is a public link to the User App Share section of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.
    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...emaslopecolor/

This script could be copied and then modified to call the SMA instead of the EMA.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of an existing script that already uses the SMA or would like to make the modifications on your behalf.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply to my query Chelsea. I have downloaded into my NT8 the add-on link you forwarded for EMA slope color. However, could you kindly explain how that script file may be modified to call the SMA? Just fyi, I trade with the NT8 Direct Edition, so I do not have advanced Ninja Script options at my disposal.
      Regards, Mike.

Comment

Hello Mike,

For script development you would need to be using a leased or lifetime license key, or the simulation only license key which allows the NinjaScript Editor to open.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...components.htm

Please send an email to platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com if you would like to obtain one of these licenses.

Scripts can be copied in the NInjaScript Edtior. Right-click the script select Save-As, give the script a new name, click OK.

Change any call to EMA() to SMA(), then compile.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I was able to login with my former Simulation license key. I successfully followed your NinjaScript Editor instructions, up to copying and renaming that script. After that point, I was uncertain how to edit the copied script; i.e. changing any call from EMA() to SMA() and then compiling to transfer the amended script to the indicator drop down list.
            I'm very sorry to complicate the matter, but this was my first attempt at editing a NinjaScript.
            If you have the time and at your convenience, a walk-through reply would be greatly appreciated.
            Thanks.

Comment

Hello Mike3238,

I took a look at the code and I see that instead of calling the EMA() indicator paul has decided to copy the code logic from the EMA into this indicator.

On line 57 is the logic for the EMA. The logic itself would need to be changed to the logic of the SMA. (Or it could just be replaced with a call to SMA)

Alternatively, you could copy the SMA and then add the code from the EMASlopeColor that changes the brushes on lines 60 through 69 to it..

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Newtrader101, Today, 06:01 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Newtrader101  
                Started by Newtrader101, Today, 05:32 PM