Data load status missing from NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data load status missing from NT8?

In NT7, if large amounts of symbols are being loaded (say 500 symbols o 5-min chart) then the the main window shows the load status on the bottom right. I can then see if the program is loading or frozen.

In NT8, I cannot find a way to see if data is being loaded. So I don't know if the program is frozen or not. Typically the program slows down considerably during large loads, so it is important for me to know what is going on.

There is no comparable historical data download display in the Control Center in NinjaTrader 8. Typically, in a chart, you would see 'loading' in the top left. This would indicate that either historical data or indicator calculations or both is occurring in that window. Are you reporting that you do not see that in your charts?

Also, since NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded, I would not expect simply loading data to cause the entire platform to become unresponsive. For example, if a single chart window was loading, I would expect you to be able to access all other windows without issue. With that said, if you're simultaneously requesting 500 symbols of historical data, you're likely bottlenecking all of your available cores and this could cause a total unresponsiveness until the process has finished. Can you clarify what exactly it is you're doing in your workspace to request 500 symbols worth of minute data simultaneously?

Comment

Hi Patrick, what you are saying does make sense. I am probably overloading my computer by having 500 symbols in my Market Analyzer on 5 min charts. I did not previously see the message "Loading" in Market Analyzer. I guess I just have to wait for the load process to finish.

So all well. Tnx!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes