• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 "Unhandled exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 "Unhandled exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

Hello Support,

I created a strategy using New>StrategyBuilder to provide code to add an indicator I wrote. The strategy created only adds the indicators to the chart for the strategy.

When I execute the strategy in StrategyAnalyzer the NT log shows the above error. However the Chart shows the indicators added correctly.

Can you please let me know what could cause this error and why it only happens when the indicator is used with statement AddChartIndicator()

Thank you.

Hello rayko, thanks for your post.

This must have something to do with how the indicator is initialized. Can you share the indicator so I can test? You may Export it, then send it to me at platformsupport at ninjatrader.com, referencing "Attn ChrisL 2257674" or post it here.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ChrisL,

I have sent you an export package to platformsupport at ninjatrader.com.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thankyou

Comment

Hi rayko, thanks for sending that in.

I could not find what was wrong with the AuTrendMosaicEntry specifically. I did find that the indicator is using too many bar brushes from this error:

NinjaScript AuTrendMosaic: Brush series exceeds the maximum number (65535) of unique brushes. Please adjust code to use fewer brushes.

This could very well be the cause of the problem. The indicator will need to be boiled down to its core features or use OnRender instead of adjusting the bar brushes.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aporshnev, Today, 11:11 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
        Started by bc90803, Today, 11:24 AM
        1 response
        0 likes