Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Drawing Object 'Attach to - All Charts' - how to do same in indicator panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing Object 'Attach to - All Charts' - how to do same in indicator panel?

Being a bit lazy here 'cos I confess I've neither thought this through nor investigated much however I think the wish is easy to articulate, hence probably easy to answer -

I use the 'Attach to - All Charts' function extensively so that if I draw a (e.g. line on one chart, it appears on all corresponding charts of that instrument.

Similarly, I use the platform (simple) Volume indicator and I mark up areas on it (usually corresponding to areas on the chart I've marked up too).
    Is there a way to do the 'Attach to - All Charts' trick to the Volume indicator so that anything I put on a Volume indicator appears on all Volume indicators for that instrument?

Attached photo (upload appears really dark on my screen) - gives the idea, 3 pushes down marked with lines on chart and corresponding Volume marked with lines. The chart lines will appear on any other chart using that instrument. Would like to achieve same with markings on the Volume indicator.

I see in the Drawing Object Properties of the Line in the chart there are all sorts of options relating to what's on my chart for what I can attach the Line to, including the Data Series All Charts option I am using, But when I go into the Properties of the same Drawing Object (i.e. the line in the Volume indicator is drawn using the same Drawing Tool as used to draw in the chart) there are no options under Attach to.

If I understand correctly, there aren't other options because there's nothing else 'in' the Volume indicator, so I guess what I'm alluding to is a 'Attach to - All Volume indicators' feature in similar vein to Attach to - All charts' or Attach to - any of the things on your chart such as indicators etc'

What I'm seeking seems to me to 'fall between two stools' insofar as I can Attach to - in the chart anything that is in the Chart and to All Chats. But the one thing that isn't 'in the Chart' to attach to is the Volumen Indicator (I guess 'cos it is in a separate Panel. The Volume indicator itself, in its own Panel, doesn't have the Attach to options offered in the chart panel.

Or any other way of achieving it? I'm not hung up on using a Line in the Volume marking for example - I'd just like the 'replication' across All charts. But as far as I can deduce the same ''principle' is at work if I use Text or anything - I don't have the Attach to options 'in the Volume indicator panel'.

TIA
    Kind regards
    Bruce

The 'attach to' feature of drawing objects is exclusive to data series. This same concept is not currently possible to apply to indicators.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-223. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-04-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Thank you Patrick

Comment

I request SFT-223 too

thanks

Comment

Added, juananitas

Comment

Hi all -

I found that there IS a way to do this (that is - enable the Horizontal Line to appear across multiple charts from a signal indicator on one chart):

When using Draw.HorizontalLine, you can specify that the Horizontal Line be Global through it's 2nd extension.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 10.32.23.png
Views:	467
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	1139031
            So... you'll notice the 'isGlobal' option which will place the object across all charts.

If you want to change it's look (color, style), see the example here:

-- WEX
            Last edited by wildwex; 01-30-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post chbruno