Error: No risk setting defined for instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error: No risk setting defined for instrument

Hello, I cant place an order on my Sim101 account because of this error. I have the default risk templet selected and have reset my sim101 account already. Any ideas?

Hello Newtrader101,

This error message indicates that the risk template does not have a definition for the instrument being traded. To resolve this, you may either remove the risk template from the account, or add the instrument to the risk template by going to Control Center > Tools > Risk, selecting the risk template that's applied to the account, clicking add, then entering the instrument and your desired settings.

Below I have provided a link with more information about the Risk window:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
      Hello Newtrader101,

This error message indicates that the risk template does not have a definition for the instrument being traded. To resolve this, you may either remove the risk template from the account, or add the instrument to the risk template by going to Control Center > Tools > Risk, selecting the risk template that's applied to the account, clicking add, then entering the instrument and your desired settings.

Below I have provided a link with more information about the Risk window:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      Hello Tyler

Your answer above may not be correct in all instances. There are now about 3 or 4 separate posts on this topic (under different post names) over the last few months and the standard answer is " the risk template does not have a definition for the instrument being traded". If you review the forum history closely you will find that a considerable number of people have now experienced the problem. I also have experienced this problem randomly on several occasions in recent months whilst testing out some trading ideas on the ES futures contract using NT Continuum data. I have updated the standard NT Brokerage risk template via database update. I am not trading any unusual instruments. When the problem occurs I have found that it is not possible to place orders on any of the securities covered by the standard NT risk template. The only way I have been able to work around the issue is to shut down Ninjatrader and restart. It appear to me that there may be an issue with NT8 not always reading the standard risk template correctly and the only way to solve the issue is a restart. 95% of the time I can place orders but there is this random 5% of the time where something goes wrong and NT will not accept any orders. If the problem was truly an issue with a security not being listed in the risk template a simple restart would not solve the issue. I am running the latest listed version of NT8.

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

Thanks for your note.

We would certainly be interested in looking into this behavior further, if you can provide your log and trace files as well as any dates when this occurred.
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com, along with a description of what happened and on what dates.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Thanks in advance; we look forward to resolving this item.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello FMtrader,

Also, for anyone following this thread, this behavior is being tracked with ID# NTEIGHT-13897.

This is scheduled for correction with the next iteration release of NinjaTrader 8.

As new releases of NinjaTrader become available please check the release notes for the ID, update, then check to confirm the behavior is corrected.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes