Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supertrend Indicator

Hallo,
    I would need the Supertrend indicator. There exist one in NT8 with a similar name and a lot of options. However, I believe it is not possible to use it as a standard supertrend indicator, which has only two input parameters, the period of the simple moving average and the ATR. Can it really be, that there exisists no simple supertrend indicator in Ninja? Can you help?

Hello dpeter,

Thanks for your post.

The NinjaTrader platform does not provide a native SuperTrend indicator. You can download/install and use a free SuperTrend type indicator from the User Apps section of the Ecosystem however this is as you described with a number of options. I do not know of a simple SuperTrend that has only 2 parameters. You may want to search in the Ninjatrader EcoSystem here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, I can't seem to get the audible alerts to work in the Supertrend I've checked the box but still nothing, can you help me? Thanks

Comment

Hello Dennis M,

Thanks for your post.

Please check the "Log" tab for any error messages related to the indicator or say something like "Unable to find/play..."

in the NT user apps section of the NinjaTrader Ecossytem, there appear to be two versions of "Supertrend With Complete Collection Of Supporting Indicators", one is dated 6/24/2016 and the other is dated 04/01/2019.

If you are not using the newest version, I would advise you to download and install that version.

Comment

Hi Paul, Thanks for the quick reply. I do have the latest version downloaded and I don't see any error messages under the Log tab.

Comment

Hello Dennis M,

Thanks for your post.

In the indicator parameters, please make sure you have enabled "sound alert active", next please open a new>Alerts log window.

After some time, do you see any alerts from the indicator? (FYI the sounds are a part of the Alert so this at least would show the alert is firing).

In the indicator parameters, there are 4 sound files listed. In looking at the download these sound files are not included and this would be the issue.

In each sound parameter, please remove what is shown and replace with C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\sounds\Alert1.wav (you can use Alert2.wav, Alert3.wav, and Alert4.wav if you want 4 different sounds). If you have other sounds you are welcome to use those but you must include the complete file path and the file must be a .wav type.

Comment

Hi, did you manage to find a Supertrend with just Factor and Period parameters? Anything I find has some kind of moving average smoothing.

Comment

The same at here. I am also looking for it.
                I spent a lot of time with playing the moving averages and smooth values, but couldn't reproduce the simple SuperTrend indicator that exist in MetaTrader4.
                Has anyone managed to translate the MT4 SuperTrend indicator to NT8?

Comment

Hello Borsz,

Thank you for the inquiry.

We are not entirely sure if any of these are exact translations of the MT4 indicator, but there are versions of a Supertrend available from the user app share that you can import and use.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
                  1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
                  2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
                  3. Select the downloaded .zip file
                  4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
                  • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
                  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.​

Comment

Not sure whats going on but when I try to import anyone of these indicators, I get a message saying "bin/custom/inidicators/@atr" on your pc is a newer version of the one on your pc....." then i cant import no matter what i do. This happening to anyone else?

Comment

never mind i clicked it like 100 times and it worked lol

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                      172 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sidlercom80  
                      Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                      2 responses