Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get NT8 to run on new laptop

Hi,

I attempted to load NT8 on my new laptop and then import the backup file hoping to save some time on the setup. The backup file failed. I am unable to launch NT8 because of an error message "Unable to locate or copy Commission.Templates" I have attached the Log and Trace file. Again, all I am trying to do is install NT8 on to my new computer.

Ken
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ShawnB; 08-30-2019, 12:33 PM.

Hello pollard89143,

Thank you for your post.

I removed the attached log and trace files because these files contain sensitive information that is not suitable for a public forum. I suggest running a repair of the installation. To do this, go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Right-click on NinjaTrader 8 > Repair.

Let me know if you see the same after taking these steps.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ShawnB; 08-30-2019, 12:43 PM.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ShawnB,

Thank you for your email. Let me walk you through exactly what is happening. I have a new laptop and I am simply trying to install NT8 on it. The installation went fine. When attempting to import in my 3 custom indicators is where I am running into issues.

1. When I attempt to import a few custom indications, I receive error message "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive File". Wondering how this is possible when I have installed on a new laptop.

2. Going to the NinjaScript Editor...clicking on Indicators....then right-click in the open panel selecting Compile, there are 4 error files showing up in the bottom panel. I have attached a screenshot for your review.

I have tried going to my Control Panel and doing the Repair as you suggested with no resolution.

Ken
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello pollard89143,

Thank you for your post.

This indicates that the platform is missing some required reference DLL's or has corrupted ones listed - please follow the steps below to rectify the errors.

To resolve reference errors:
        • Right-click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
        • In the context menu click on 'References'
        • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files has the same or similar names as the ones listed in the error messages, select those references one by one and click on the 'Remove' button. Click Ok
        • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.
        • The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state

Please also see the section "How to add a reference" from our help guide

Using 3rd Party Indicators

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Worked like a charm....Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

Ken

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes