TrendLines indicator enhancement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TrendLines indicator enhancement?

I've been using TrendLines indicator since added to the stock platform. I find it saves me a lot of time.

I use multiple time-frames. It would be very beneficial if TrendLines could be made to draw across multiple timeframe charts e.g. TrendLindes.on the 15min also plot on the 5min, or vice versa. I suspect there may be some way toward this with the

I know that I can currently achieve this & how to - add Data Series e.g. 15min Data Series to 5min chart, attach TrendLines indicator to it then hide Data Series and Bob becomes my Uncle. Ditto vice versa - add a 5min to a 15min rinse & repeat.

Not everyone (incl. me) wants every line automatically spewing across every chart, and the ability to individually tweak is desirable (thanks to @Edge who tweaked TrendLines to allow discretionary removal of unwanted lines and adjustment to anchor points individually (something I would see as a Feature Request enhancement alone, but I have what I need).

It seems to me that this tool is an ideal candidate to add the 'Attach to - all charts' functionality available on Drawing Tools such as Rays, Horizontal Lines etc. Or, User-selectable time-frame within the indicator (i.e. put two instances of the indicator on a 1min chart, 1 selected 1min, 1 selected 5min, I don't pretend to know which is best route, but I guess 'all charts' implementation is chosen for reasons similarly applicable here).

I expect there are issues above my pay grade as to best way to implement, and that such enhancements may be for the Developer Ecosystem, but as stock platform core functionality on the one hand I can do it as described above but end up with a lot of Data Series, and the already implemented Attach to - all charts seems made for this, however I recognise that TrendLines is an Indicator not a Drawing Tool, and it seems it is only Drawing Tools that have the All charts functionality. yet Trend Channels is Drawing Tool.

And likely popular demand, given that stalwarts such as Brooks, Grimes etc are proponents of using multiple timeframe fractal charts and trendlines, whatever your particular time horizon.

I'd hazard a guess that the answer is if it is manually drawn with a Drawing Toll then it can be 'all charted', but if it is indicator drawn it can't, so it's either or - get the efficiency benefits of indicator drawn TrendLines but not the ose of 'Attach to - all charts', or vice versa?

If there is a viable Feature Request out of this to stock platform tools, please make one. Or, an alternative approach to adding more Data Series (which I'm inclined against as I already have many, although this fear may be un-founded - any advice on the resource implications of doing so? inconsequential, or not), please advise (I wonder about the Strength parameter but can't find any Help on this or how the indicator calculates (I've read the Release Notes).

Kind regards,

Hi brucerobinson, thanks for your report on this tool. Could you link me to this modification by Edge? I'll submit a feature request to add the ability to make this indicator global.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello ChrisL and thanks.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ature-requests

Edge kindly made the tweaks to the stock platform TrendLines indicator added by Ninja in 18.0.

Kind regards,
      Bruce
      Last edited by brucerobinson; 09-03-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AlgoDreamer, Today, 12:39 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AlgoDreamer  
      Started by ninza33, Today, 12:31 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH