Need fast charts,please let me slow down data load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need fast charts,please let me slow down data load

Hi, I have a market analyzer window open with 100 stock. I like to quickly flip through the list to find a stock that I want to trade. I look at 5 min. chart to choose trades.

The problem is that data feed is coming at tick speed for 100 stocks and bogging down my cpu and slowing down my charts. I really don't need ticks on 5 min. charts. If you give me updates every 10-30 seconds, I am more than happy and I will get incredible speed.

How do I throttle the data down?

There is no way to throttle the speed at which real-time data is received. I suspect you'll need to focus on optimizing your workspace for performance. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips:

Comment

Hi Patrick, I read the performance tips sheet. Does make a lot of sense but just like you can say "on bar close" for an indicator, if the data was throttled "on bar close"or "on 1 min bars", then a lot of performance issues would simply go away for people with large market analyzer setups (like me). The task of loading tick data is enormous.

Something to consider.

Comment

A Market Analyzer window's purpose is to provide real-time data. You'd like for there to be an ability to configure the Market Analyzer to only update columns every x seconds/minutes. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3038. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 09-06-2019, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Yes, thank you, Patrick. My context of use is to scan on intraday basis through many charts quickly to find one I like to trade (charts with custom indicators). I populate Market Analyzer with 100 or so charts for this purpose. I see noticeable difference in performance when data feed is running, and I attribute that to the task of data loading.

I don't know if others use the system the same way or not (on intraday basis), but if they do, having Market Analyzer throttle the data would be really great.

On a different note, I like to put Alerts on SP500 stocks (500 stocks) in Market Analyzer, and that totally overwhelms the system, so I stopped doing it.

I appreciate your submission of this request

Comment

Just a bit more thought on this subject...

A person who needs tick charts is looking at a SINGLE CHART (e.g. intraday EMINI). The person who is looking at MULTIPLE CHARTS by necessity cannot focus and does not need tick.

Comment

I am thinking there is a actually a way to do it that does not need any selection by user.

In Market Analyzer, if all indicators are set to refresh on bar close and no price/volume or other real time info is shown for stocks, simply pull the data only on bar close. Everything else, including charts, still use tick data.

Comment

The Market Analyzer only updates and repaints once a second so it should be very lightweight even with 100 instruments. They may be some other element of your workspace contributing to the delay you're experiencing.

Please send me your workspace, log, and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                • Expand 'Other files' and enable 'Workspace files and UI settings'.
                • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2264790 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                3 responses
                1 like
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn