Weird AF graphics problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird AF graphics problem

So........ ever since my PC went to sleep when I left it unattended (often when I do this, when I wake the PC which has two external monitors, all the Ninjatrader elements like charts are back on the main monitor only and my workspace is ruined)

The only solution is to shutdown NT and not save the workspace. When I reopen it, the system remembers it is supposed to be across 3 monitors and draws elements accordingly.

However, this time, even after PC restarts etc... the large TV I use as a third monitor which I keep my SPY chart on, the mouse cursor is only visible around the perimeter of the chart. If I move it anywhere into the center of the chart, it disappears. But, if I press the left-mouse button, the little pointing hand icon appears and moves around as long as I keep the left mouse button pressed.

The chart is also dead and inactive, ie, if I try to grab and resize the timeline, nothing happens.

I am writing this message on the web browser on the same screen, so it's not the screen/monitor, not the mouse, seems to be only the NT chart.

OK, update - I've just discovered it has nothing to do with the external monitor.

If I open a new chart - choose SPY - and only when I choose SPY (this does not happen when I choose AAPL for example)

It will open default on 240 minutes, Fine so far. If I change it to Daily candles, then touch any of the dawn lines on the chart, this is when the cursor will disappear and the chart stop functioning properly.

Comment

** Update **

So... I tried opening a new chart, choosing SPY, then choosing Daily from the Data Series box. OK... it opens the Daily chart. It is fine until I click on any single drawn line on the chart - then the chart seizes up. I also tried removing all the drawing objects which also froze the chart.

** so.. after closing that chart and opening a new one, all the drawing elements were gone and now it seems to be working properly again... so some kind of corruption caused by drawing objects on the SPY chart.

Great stuff.

Comment

First, I'd like to mention that sleep/hibernate is not supported and can cause many symptoms. I would recommend that you shut down NinjaTrader before leaving your PC or disabling sleep/hibernate mode completely.

Can you recreate the symptom by drawing new objects on that chart without sleep/hibernate mode enabled?

Comment

"First, I'd like to mention that sleep/hibernate is not supported and can cause many symptoms."

All computers do this...................

Comment

Irukandji,

While this is a feature that is available in the versions of Windows NinjaTrader supports, it also can be disabled in Windows' settings. We recommend that you either shut down NinjaTrader before leaving your PC, or disable sleep/hibernate mode completely.

Could you please clarify, can you recreate the symptom by drawing new objects on that chart without sleep/hibernate mode enabled?
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes