No DOM data on Futures Demo Account anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No DOM data on Futures Demo Account anymore

I did not have any problems previously but today I can still connect to the Futures CQG demo account and charts will load initially with data up until that time. I'm uncertain if they keep updating or not or are just sleepy today.

The connection is green though

However, the DOM has no info in it whatsoever and the price columns in the market analyzer are also empty for futures.. for forex (from FXCM) price is displayed and charts seem normal.

What could be causing this problem? is there a setting somewhere? or do you think something is corrupted?

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for the post.

Are you connected to the FXCM demo or the NinjaTrader Continuum futures demo? You will not be able to pull futures data from the FXCM demo.

What instruments are you trying to access? Please include the full symbol name ex:"ES 06-18"

Do you get any errors in the log tab of your Control Center?

I look forward to your reply.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

any futures.. no i'm saying FXCM works - for the forex charts of course and in the market analyzer.

Futures does not, any future.. e.g. YM 06-18

It was working yesterday and before that. Just not today. DOM is blank for all contracts- before it would only happen on some less important contracts - not major ones. Now I can't pull up any contract that will populate the dom or create a "moving" chart.

It seems that futures charts don't update, however every time I switch a symbol in the chart it will pull the most recent data - but then not update any more data.

the only errors i see , assuming you can tell what is an error by it being orange highlighted (slate dark skin) are related to ninjascript category Multiple ChartStyles with the same ChrartStyleType were found - maybe 8 of those 1 hour ago.

I have 3 connections - Ninja Continuum demo, FXCM demo and bitmex live. Only futures has problems with updating.

Comment

Figured it out (sort of)

even though I tried to restart NT8 several times, it still didn't help.

Now I decided to disconnect all data sources

Then I connected to the ninja continuum first, then fxcm and finally bitmex.

And now all charts and doms work.

Question is - how do i configure ninja to automatically do this? connect to continuum first?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thanks for the reply.

The connect on startup settings for multiple connections is based on the alphabetical order of the connection name. You will have to name the Continuum connection "1_Continuum" and the other connection "2_FXCM"

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
          Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post nandhumca  
          Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes