Disappearing Market Analyzer tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing Market Analyzer tabs

I have a serious problem with Market Analyzer tabs disappearing. That is , even though I saved the workspace - and even saved a backup copy of the workspace - tabs will eventually get lost... I mean I have 8 tabs in an analyzer window and 3 of them just aren't there anymore upon open the workspace even though i definitely saved it with 8 tabs.

So i recreated the missing tabs and saved again and saved a backup copy of th workspace.

tjeand of course i then lost the tabs upon reloading the workspace. I'm not sure if it happens the first time you open the saved workspace - or at some subsequent time of re-opening the workspace.. but I dont know how to fix this..

Does this mean it is just not safe to use more than a few tabs in one market analyzer window?

and so I thought I'd be smart and save templates.. That way I could easily recreate tabs.

Unfortunately trying to load a template doesn't work, it gives some error that i can't remember off the top of my head but something related to the symbol not existing i think.. and the symbol is one letter like 's' or 'b' and I don't remember having such symbols

the strange thing is I get a feeling of deja vu like this exact problem also happened to me in NT 7 years ago.. however... this is a new install of NT8, not sharing anything from the NT7 i had installed on a different computer before.

Hello NinjaCustomer,

I am not able to reproduce this behavior on my end.

I would like to schedule a call with you during our normal support hours so that you may demonstrate the behavior while I am connected.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm too busy for now, I'll try to work around it I'm thinking 2 analyzer windows with a few tabs maximum might not exhibit this behaviour in my workspace - I'll let you know on this thread later if i have time sometime.

I was just thinking it might be some known behaviour already

Comment

Image 2018 04 30 10 52 14 241 hosted in ImgBB

although if you know what this means and how to fix it please write here, thanks

it happens on loading a template from a saved template in market anaylzer

although I'm thinking it might be because of a custom indicator in that template (the indicator works on charts and in the anaylzer - but maybe it is not good at loading from templates - I wonder if that could also cause the tab to dissappear upon loading of the workspace ? even though when I created the tab originally it worked fine - but maybe it doesn't survive reloading a workspace or from a template file and that is the source of the problem?)

is loading a market analyzer window when opening a workspace essentially quite similar to loading them from template files?

my theory now as to why multiple tabs don't load from the workspace ( they are always the last few ) is that once it encounters a problem tab then it just stops trying to load any other tabs that are to the right of it - even if they by themselves are loadable from template files without problems

could you tell me where the tabs are saved in xml?
        Last edited by NinjaCustomer; 04-29-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

It may indicate the indicator parameters are not properly serialized.

Or could indicate the indicator has been modified and the saved template no longer matches the indicators parameters.

Comment

i just added this "could you tell me where the tabs are saved in xml?" probably when you were already answering

Comment

what I'm thinking though, is that the indicator on one tab is not properly serializing... that problem indiciator is only on one tab.. let's say the 5th tab. and exhibits this behaviour when loading from a saved template of it also..

The 6th and 7th tabs that do not appear, they have no such indicator - only indicators that exist in the 1st thru 4th tabs (that do load correctly).

So I suspect that ninjatrader just gives up loading any more tabs after a problem tab is found.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Window information including tab contents and columns in the market analyzer are saved in the workspace xml file.

If you are getting an error when loading a template I would recommend re-saving the template and testing for the behavior. If with a newly saved template the error is reproducible it might indicate there is something saved in the template causing an issue. The first thing to remove would be all 3rd party indicators if these have been added as columns and testing for the behavior again. If the behavior can be reproduced saving a new template without using any 3rd party scripts we could report the behavior to our development.

Comment

after inspecting the indicator I couldn't find fault with the serialization:

1. enums, ints and doubles have no serialization code in properties
                  2. the brushes all seem to be serialized in the same format as your link

so, assuming the problem is serialization, could it be that I'm not serializing something I should? or is this definitely a problem from trying to (de)serialize something incorrectly?

also, are there other things in an indicator that could cause such a problem?

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

If any error is being hit this would prevent the tab from loading. But an error in the logic of the script should also prevent the indicator from being added manually.

If the indicator works when manually added but once saved in a new template cannot be loaded, this would most likely be a serialization issue. Meaning the template cannot be saved properly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes