Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Best way to synchronize across 2 machines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to synchronize across 2 machines?

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the lifetime license and would like to separate the actual trading machine from the machine I develop strategies on. Most importantly, due to the resource requirements for the backtesting and optimization with Walk-Forward-Analysis.

Hence, I was wondering whether there was a slick way of synchronizing my setups across the two machines, so that I don't constantly have to export and import settings, strategies etc.

I was thinking of setting up a google drive folder between the two machines, given NT already stores all the custom data in the My Documents folder anyway. However I could also see the potential risk of data corruption if the two systems are live at the same time...

So could a potential solution be to only sync specific folders, such as

C:\Users\User\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom

Would appreciate some guidance here as I don't want to sacrifice the stability of the trading machine.

Thanks!

Hi Oracletrades, thanks for your post.

If you can isolate only C:\Users\User\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom that would be the best solution, although I'm not sure how that will work as you would need to wait to make sure all of the .dll files in the Custom folder are uploaded, but this should be OK. When you compile in NinjaTrader all custom code is placed into the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll file. It is highly unrecommended to run a backup service on the entire NT folder (namely the database) because there are many small files that are constantly being added to that folder.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

cool stuff, that seems to work (still testing!).
      Thanks Chris!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes