Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Machine ID Changed

Dear Support,

My machine ID was changed overnight, perhaps due to a Windows 10 update or a BIOS update form Dell that happened yesterday. Would these be the reason?

As a results, I am not able to reconnect to TDAmeritrade data (locked out after 3 attempts). In the NT8 connection setup I re-entered my ID and password for TDA but remain locked out.

Do I need to contact TDA to reset my account. How do I get connection to TDA data again.

Thanks.

Edit: Just confirmed that I have no problem to sign up to TOS or TDA platforms with my ID and PW, but can not connect to TDA on Ninja platform.

Edit 2; NeverMind please. I figured it out by exporting a recent Backup and entered credentials on the first attempt and connection is restored.

Daily BackUPs save the Day.

Thanks, But why my machine ID would change?
    Last edited by aligator; 09-06-2019, 09:14 AM.

If your machine ID has changed, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically remove your license key, username and password, and other sensitive information. This is a purposeful security feature. This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.

NinjaTrader does not control your machine ID directly. Your machine ID is generated by NinjaTrader based on your PC's fundamental hardware (like RAM, motherboard, etc.) and fundamental software (BIOS/UEFI version, Windows updates, firmware updates, etc.). If any of these items change, your machine ID is likely to change as well. There is no way to manually change your machine ID.

Additionally, once you have added your License key, you will need to add your username and password back into your account connection. To do this, go to the Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your connection > Enter the username and password > OK. If you do not have this information, please contact your broker directly.

If your machine ID has changed and it is affecting your add-on licensing, you will need to reach out to the add-on vendors with your new machine ID.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      This feature prevents others from being able to access your personal information simply by stealing your files and loading them onto another PC.
      Thanks, Patrick.

This raises the question: Can someone access my computer to maliciously change Machine ID for the purpose of stealing or re-routing new information to their end?

Comment

If this was even possible, the only thing it would do is wipe the credentials on your end as you've already experienced. The machine ID doesn't contain the information, it is something that NinjaTrader checks on startup and if it does not match it just wipes your information from the local install files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mkouitra, 10-23-2021, 04:40 PM
        17 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom, 05-03-2024, 10:29 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Vietanhnguyen2hotmailcom