• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

HIstorical Data when all options are selected for Download the same as Market Replay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIstorical Data when all options are selected for Download the same as Market Replay?

HI all, I understand Historical Data is lower resolution when running in Playback Mode. However, what if you select all the options to download?

NInjatrader 8 playback mode does warn of lower resolution when switching from Market Replay to Historical but I am assuming not all selections have been made for Historical Data download.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/

My provider for ES is CQG. If I select Tick, Minute, Day, Ask Bid and Last and use this data in Playback Mode, is this data the same resolution as Market Replay data?

Thanks.

Hello geekodude,

Thanks for writing in.

Historical data will always be lower "resolution" as you put it than market replay data, using historical tick data is less accurate as there is no level II data.

You can see all the differences between running on market replay data and playback data in our help guide here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ePlaybackWorks

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by liltr3d, Yesterday, 10:52 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
    Started by marekflys, Yesterday, 03:07 PM
    1 response
    0 likes