Chart Trader operation settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader operation settings

Is there a way to set chart trader actions from current default to move a stop loss or take profit when selected. Finding it troublesome since drawings require select, select and hold, drag and drop. Whereas moving a stop in chart trader grabs and holds the marker when selected and drops it when you click the spot you want to set it at. A bit dyslexic that they use different operation to move a drawing. Anybody else having trouble with this?

Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for posting.

It's not currently possible to change the method of moving orders in Chart Trader. Presumably this is to prevent orders from being moved accidentally, however I can put in a feature request to have the option to change this behavior if you like.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please do put in a request. Moving any object should have a common procedure. Especially when you spend time setting up chart drawings before you trade. Susceptible to moving orders without wanting to. Happened more than once. Using Ninja trader close to two months and it's almost like working with two different platforms having two different procedures for moving an object. It was hard enough to transition from another platform. An option to choose moving chart trader objects same as drawings or visa versa would be ideal, Thank you.

Comment

Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for your patience.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-1516 . Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Tyler View Post
            Hello FiftyFib FX,

Thanks for posting.

It's not currently possible to change the method of moving orders in Chart Trader. Presumably this is to prevent orders from being moved accidentally, however I can put in a feature request to have the option to change this behavior if you like.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            My orders were getting moved accidentally ALL the time - stopped out accidentally so easily without knowing why.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post KenneGaray  
            Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba