Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrupt replay data, how to tell?

Hi,
    I've been working in replay mode and since I moved to the ES 03-18 and ES 06-18, I have had regular occurrences of the replay data just stopping/freezing. I have to ctrl-alt-del to close down NT8 to restart. When working ES 12-17 it very rarely happened approx 1 in 100 runs. In Es 03 or 06, 3 out of 4 days freeze around the same approximate time for a given day although not exactly. Original replay data came from market replay app, I've tried deleting it and loading replay directly from NT8. Freeze occurs at approx same time. I've recreated the charts from templates thinking something got corrupted when I moved to ES03-18 & ES06-18, same issue. I tried the NT8 repair function, no improvement. When I go replay back in ES12-17 everything appears to work fine.

Starting to think with the faster move through prices that replay data may be having issues or an indicator may be having an issue. Any error logs that I can check?

Thinking I may need to uninstall NT8 and data files and start from ground zero.
    any thoughts?
    thank you,

Hello yngtrader,

Thanks for writing in.

Please clarify - does this issue only occur with the market replay data you downloaded from a third party provider or do you see the same when you download replay data from NinjaTrader's servers?

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've tried both data from the market replay vendor and from NT8 down loaded through NT8. Same issue and it freezes at a similar time.
      Any thoughts on what error log would be good to look at?
      thank you

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20180430.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will run a playback case where it fails and send files tonight. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by yngtrader View Post
            Will run a playback case where it fails and send files tonight. thank you
            Does it happen if you do nothing? (No trade/strategy)

Are you running a strategy? Is it getting in an infinite loop? Same question with an indicator?

Are you using chart trader only?

Comment

Quick update:
              I tested a day using ES12-17 that had run clean in the past several times. the system froze again, so it is not the data. will send the trace files. Also to answer the questions - no strategy running, no trading. the system is just running on a chart. can't answer the do loop question nothing appears to be happening.
              Thank you for the interest

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes