Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

machine id composition

Hello. Please,
    Could you detail how the machine id is composed exactly? I know that it uses hard and soft features, and I would like to know how it does the final assembly of the id.

Thanks.

Hello gviand,

he Machine ID is generated using information about your hardware and BIOS. This Machine ID is meant to remain constant unless there has been a change with the system.

Items that can cause the Machine ID to change:
    • Changes to hardware (network cards, MAC address, RAM, motherboard, monitors, graphic card, etc)
    • Changes / updates to BIOS
    • Changes to the Windows Product ID
    • Updates / upgrades / changes to the Windows operating system
    For security purposes, changes to the MachineID will result in vendor licensed scripts not validating in both NinjaTrader 7 and 8.

The MachineID changing in NinjaTrader 8 will also result in any passwords for account connections being removed along with the NinjaTrader License key being removed. All account connections will need to have the username and password re-entered.

Below I am providing a public link to the NinjaTrader Continuum Connection Guide.

This also means that the new MachineID will need to be sent to each 3rd party vendor that has licensed your machine for an addon using the NinjaTrader Vendor Licensing system.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any details about the inner workings of how this is generated.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes