Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Differences between Chart and Market Analyzer output, both running same Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Differences between Chart and Market Analyzer output, both running same Indicator

As the title suggests, what would cause differences in output when you have the same indicator running on a Chart as within Market Analyzer, with all the same settings, same bar type, same amount of data loaded, same "calculate on" settings, etc. Both on the same computer.

Sometimes simply refreshing the Chart/Market Analyzer fixes it, but not always.

Do you have any suggestions on where to look? Thank you for any assistance!
    Last edited by neoikon; 09-11-2019, 08:33 AM.

Hello neoikon,

Is this an immediate difference you see or does this happen over time? And when you reload and see it is still different, does it stay that way or will it eventually update to be correct?

When you say that the same amount of data is loaded, are you using Bars to load and setting a specific number?

From the details likely all I could suggest would be a more simple test with something like the SMA to confirm the column/chart are configured identically. This would help confirm if this relates to a setting or logic.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for the reply. Most of the time, it is the same output. It's just the occasional discrepancy that causes lost trust in the accuracy of the output.

To answer your question, sometimes after a reload it will be incorrect, then eventually update to be correct. However, sometimes it will stay incorrect.

Yes, when I say "the same amount of data loaded", I mean the "Load data based on" set to Bars and the "bars to load" being the same. I've seen where there could be different results if the data loaded is different, so I always verify this setting.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Thank you for the reply.

It would be hard to say from the added details what may be happening. It sounds like it possibly relates to the logic in some way if it occasionally happens and then continues to be incorrect for a period.

Have you tested other indicators like the SMA in the same use case to see if they become out of sync as well? That would likely be my next suggestion to just confirm if any differences should be observed in that use case, if both indicators show differently there is still likely a configuration difference.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses