Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarity on historical intraday tick data vendors

Hi,

I want to get historical intraday tick data for the YM futures for as far back as possible (say 5 years). I read a lot about Kinetick being the preferred NinjaTrader vendor, but it sounds like this vendor doens't provide intradayt tick data.
    Could you please provide me a list of NinjaTrader approved vendors that can provide far-back reaching, ACCURATE YM intraday tickdata?

Best regards,
    T

Hello vonboettichert,

Thanks for posting.

Intraday tick data is available through Kinetick. When requesting tick data between 9:30am and 4:30pm EST, you will have access to the last 8 days of historical tick data. Outside of these hours, you will have access to the last 180 days.

CQG/Continuum based connections provide historical tick data going back up to one year (any time of day).

For minute data, the NinjaTrader historical data servers generally store minute data going back to 2006. Historical minute and tick data will go back a different amount of time for connections types do not use the NinjaTrader historical data servers.

The full list of supported data providers and brokers is listed below:

NinjaTrader supports multiple futures market data and brokers providing access to trade futures, stocks, and more. Download NinjaTrader for FREE to get started!

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Going through your supported data providers and brokers, it seems that no-one provides tick data past 1 year. Is this correct?

Comment

Hello vonboettichert,

This is true in all of the testing I've done, however you may want to reach out to any brokerage you're considering using so they can give further clarification about how long they hold historical tick data.

It's also worth mentioning that historical data may be imported into the platform from external files using several formats. The following link contains more information about this:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Super, thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM