Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM Reverse (for Cut and Reverse trading)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Reverse (for Cut and Reverse trading)

The ATM allows selecting a reversal of a current position when the Stop (and/or Target) is hit. The Reversal simply leaves the same number of contracts as the initial entry.

When using a Cut and Reverse approach to trading, generally we want to be able to set a larger number of contracts to remain after the reversal (when the Stop is hit).

For example, on the ES I would set an ATM position with 3 contracts with both the Target and Stop located 3 ticks away. If the Stop is hit, I would like the Reverse position placed with a net number of contracts of 6 (thus the Stop would be 9 contracts before the reversal, netting 6 contracts after the reversal); and the Target set to 6 contracts (as well as the new Stop).

Adding this capability to the ATM will allow traders to effectively trade the Cut and Reverse approach taught in leading Prop shops and help turn a losing trade into a winner.

Can this be added to the ATM? A flexible approach would be to set the number of additional contracts (or multiple) over the current position, so that multiple reversals could be accommodated.
    Last edited by ronhb107; 09-12-2019, 10:16 AM.

Hello ronhb107, thanks for your post.

I will submit a feature request to add this ability to the built-in ATM system. Note that this can also be done with an automated NinjaScript strategy.

I'll have a feature tracking ID for you shortly.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tracking ID, Chris?

Comment

Hi ronhb107,

I will post the tracking ID once I receive it from our colleague. It can take a few business days to process.

Comment

Nice approach. Vote for that too. Is there a track#?

Comment

Hello,

This feature has been tracked as SFT-4249.

Please check the release notes upon future updates to track added features:

Comment

Has any progress been made on SFT-4249?

If not, what would be the best approach to implementing this strategy? Would it be C# (what version for C# and .NET?), or another approach?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi ronhb107, thanks for your reply.

This is still an open feature request. NinjaScript is a C# library, all tools are documented here:

This can be done in a NinjaScript strategy we have a "starting out" post here from our colleague Chelsea:

For a specific approach to this, this example can help with submitting protective orders automatically:

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Thanks, Chris. What versions of C# and .NET is supported by NT8?

Ron

Comment

Hello ronhb107,

NT8 supports .NET Framework 4.5 CLR 4.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
                    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

And, what version of C# is supported by NT8?

What is the status of #SFT-3124?

Is there any way to manually enter the Cut and Reverse strategy?

Ron
                      Last edited by ronhb107; 01-13-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Hello ronhb107,

And, what version of C# is supported by NT8?
                        NT8 supports .NET Framework 4.5, CLR 4. You can find a guide with .net versions and C# versions here: https://www.guru99.com/c-sharp-dot-n...n-history.html
                        If you meant NT7 that is .net 3.5.

SFT-3124 has been received, beyond that I have no status that I can provide. Development has been provided the feature request and it will be further reviewed however I cannot comment if that would or would not be implemented in a future update.

Regarding the strategy, this would not be possible by using ATM's manually or through code, you could program a NinjaScript strategy to do this as Chris previously noted. In manual trading you can submit orders as you see fit at the quantities you wanted so you could potentially do the actions you are asking about it would just not be automated in any way. For example you could submit a entry of 3 quantity and then submit a stop market order of 9 quantity to cover the position, the end result would be 6 in the opposite direction if that stop market filled.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

For .NET 4.5, that would be C# 5. What does CLR stand for (it's not defined on the page)?

I have tried to change an ATM stop quantity (once the order entry is filled) on the chart, but NT would not allow a change. Can this be done from the SuperDom (using an ATM)? If not, can I use an ATM, then manually add the stop loss and stop loss target before the ATM is triggered?

Ron
                          Last edited by ronhb107; 01-13-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Hello ronhb107,

The version numbers I am referring to are listed on the page I had linked to, for more information surround terms used in C# I would suggest using MSDN.

In contrast to NinjaScript you really only need to make sure whatever information/library/sample you are looking at is written for .NET 4.5 or less. If you are trying to use features from newer versions of .net that is not currently possible and we have a feature request in place for using newer versions: SFT-3124

Regarding my comment on the ATM, The ATM specifically is not made to do what you are asking and Chris submitted a feature request based on your prior description. My comment was for your question: Is there any way to manually enter the Cut and Reverse strategy?
                            If you wanted to manually submit orders in that way you can, it would just not have any automaton like an ATM strategy applied. You would physically need to submit all the orders yourself.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Guys is this feature now available in NT8??? that would be great

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tkaboris