X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with market replay of ES data dowloaded from IB

Hello,

using 8.0.18 version of NT I have following problem with emini replay:
    1. I downloaded historical data from IB where I have an account.
    2. When I switch connection to "Playback", the warning about no data to replay appears.
    3. Start and end of replay dates in "Playback" window remain grayed + there is some fictive date on top of the window

Any hints, how to make the replay workable?

Thx in advance

Ivasal
    Attached Files

Hello Ivasal,

In order to replay using historical data you would need to have historical Tick data as opposed to Minute data which would not be supported. I have provided a link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay. To download replay data:
    • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
    • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.
    Please see the following help guide page for more information:

Notes:
    • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
    • NOT available when connected to the Playback connection.
    To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.
    Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.
    You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I followed your instructions - everything works picture perfect now. Thanks for your help ChristopherJ !
      Ivasal

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post bmartz
      by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses