Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing tool help

Hey Traders,

Got a question that's been driving me crazy. The Fibonacci Retracements tool (Default F8 for most users) has 7 lines on it, the 0, 23.6, 38.2, 50, 61.8, 76.4, and 100. Once the tool has been drawn on the chart, you can click on it, pop up window appears, and click on the bottom where it says "Levels" and added more. I've added the +138/161 and -138/161, for a total of 11 lines, and saved to template.

My problem: I originally downloaded NT8 on my desktop computer, and did the above mentioned, added 11 lines to the tool. Somehow, every time I draw the tool. the 11 lines are defaulted, so I don't have to click on the tool each time and load the template. Fast forward a few months, I'm traveling and downloaded NT8 on my laptop. On my laptop, I can't figured out how I defaulted the Fibonacci Retracement tool to draw all 11 lines. Each time (on my laptop) I draw the tool. I have to first draw it out, then double click on the tool, click on templates, and load the template. How did I make the Fibonacci Retracement tool always draw out my saved template, without having to click then load the template? It's just a pain in the butt each time I have to right click/double click, click on template, load the template.

Hope this all makes sense. Thank you the help. Also...can't seem to get the bar timer to work.

Select "Default" as Fib template name. Your custom Fib is then the Default every time you use the Fib tool.
    Select Fib line > Right click for menu > Properties > Template > Save > click on Default to set name > Save

Comment

Wow, that was insanely easy. I had saved the template as some other name. Deleted it, added back the lines. then saved as Default. Works like a charm. Thanks Lancer!!

Comment

Hello Sh00tHerMcGavin,

Thanks Lancer!

I also wanted to provide a link to the help guide.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...bjectTemplates
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
          Select "Default" as Fib template name. Your custom Fib is then the Default every time you use the Fib tool.
          Select Fib line > Right click for menu > Properties > Template > Save > click on Default to set name > Save
          my ip birthday wishes tneb
          Thanks Lancer!
          Last edited by Scott54; 10-07-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post stafe
          by stafe

Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes