Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EMA of lower timeframe in higher timeframe chart

Hello,

I'm trying to add an EMA of a 15 min chart to a daily chart. But when I add both dataseries together, the spacing of the Daily bars becomes affected by the lower timeframe. How can I make it so that the daily shows the 15 min ema, without its spacing being affected?

Thanks
    Ulises
    ulisesguerrero
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Thrifty Coders

Hello ulisesguerrero,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately when combining a large interval such as daily bars with 15 minute bars there's going to be some extra gap between your daily bars. You can try turning off Equidistant bar spacing in the properties, but the closest together I was able to get the bars when testing this out was still nearly an inch apart. This is due to how the EMA is plotted using that 15 minute chart.

You may want to consider doing the EMA with a higher time frame as the interval - when I switched to a 30 minute EMA the gap was much more manageable, and clicking and dragging in the x-axis I was able to see twice as many bars on the chart.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Is there an option to hide the second data series from being plotted? or a selection to see which data series controls the time axis?

Regards
      Ulises
      ulisesguerrero
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Thrifty Coders

Comment

Hello ulisesguerrero,

Thank you for your reply.

As far as hiding the second data series from being plotted, there's really only two ways to do that.

If you have both data series in one panel of the chart, you may turn the colors for the 15 minute data series to transparent so they don't show on the chart; they're still there, just invisible. To do so, right click on the chart and select Data Series, then in the following window, select the 15 minute data series you wish to edit the colors for and in the left hand panel, change the colors for the bars and wicks to Transparent.

If you have the two data series in two separate panels, what you may do is maximize the chart panel containing the data series you want to see (the daily bars) by right clicking in the y-axis margin of the one you want to see and selecting "Maximize". Again, this doesn't make the 15 minute bars not totally there, you just won't see them in the main chart.

There isn't a selection to see which data series controls the time axis, because when you have more than one data series in the same chart, both are going to affect the time axis scale.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Max238
        by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM