Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts

Hi,
    Is there a comprehensive video tutorial on setting alerts on charts as well as if possible in market analyzer. Thanks

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for positing.

I've provided a link to the relevant section of the Help guide below:

The following link to our publicly available Youtube channel also covers creating alerts within a chart or Market Analyzer:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Tyler for the helpful links. I do have a question after reviewing the alerts material. I use a workspace with 4 different timeframe charts and a market analyzer with about 50 stocks linked by instrument with the charts. When I set an alert on a chart for a specific stock form one of the charts, when selecting another stock from market analyzer, when the charts repopulate, that alert can either be deleted or moved to the newly selected stock. Obviously I want the alert to stay on the stock which I set up the alert on. And would have many alerts from the 50 stocks in this workspace. Any help to solve this would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thanks for your reply.

The solution would be to set up the alerts in the Market Analyzer rather than the charts. You can do this by right-clicking within the Market Analyzer and going to Alerts. In this window, you may use 'Apply to" to set up different alerts for different stocks.

Comment

Thanks again Tyler that info was helpful. When setting alerts from market analyzer in the stock workspace, should the triggered alerts appear in an alerts log in a different workspace? The alerts are only appearing in the alerts log of the same workspace. Also is there a way to change the appearance of the pop up alert dialog box?

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Alert messages will only show up in an Alerts Log that's in the same workspace as the alert.

It's not possible to customize the pop up dialog, other than to change what the pop up message says.

Comment

I did some research while waiting for a reply of my inquiry and it does appear that in alerts log properties I can check "receive alerts from aa active workspaces". So after this thread I have figured out how to set alerts for individual instruments in market analyzer but to my dismay when I closed the workspace at end of day I received a message "You have alerts running on this Market Analyzer. If you close this Market Analyzer the alerts will also be removed" Is that really true that alerts that have not been triggered are deleted? Are we expected to reset alerts each morning?

Comment

Also there should be a global alerts log to manage all untriggered alerts. The current alerts log manages triggered alerts only.

Comment

Hello drevitrader.

Thanks for your reply.

The alerts will still be configured in the Market Analyzer the next time you open the workspace. The message is just meant to warn you that the alerts will stop running if you close the workspace.

Thanks for pointing out that alerts can be received from other workspaces, as this had slipped my mind. I'm glad you figured it out yourself.

I have submitted a global Alerts manager as a feature request to the Development Team. I will follow up with an internal tracking number for your reference as soon as it is created.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                  0 responses