Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Replay Request to change behavior of Go To (or slider)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay Request to change behavior of Go To (or slider)

I've run into two related features in Market Replay that create unnecessary delay in using it:

1. Say you open the Replay connection and it starts at midnight on a date you have Replay data for. You want to skip ahead to, say, the ES RTH open at 9:30 ET on that date, so you click on Go To and enter the time. Instead of jumping to the new time and refreshing the chart, Replay draws the price bars, one at a time, until it gets to the specified time. It does it at a fairly good rate of speed, but it still takes a long time to paint each bar, and it doesn't really go that fast either. (Same happens if you move the slider instead of using Go To.)

2. Once you're at a point on the chart, say you want to skip ahead 5 minutes. I assumed you could just use Go To or the slider to move along another 5 minutes from where you are.... But in fact, NT8 goes BACK to the start of the day, and then laboriously paints each bar again, until it reaches the bar 5 minutes ahead of where you were.

I am sure that both of these behaviors are deliberate design features, and they do work as designed, so they're not bugs, but I think the design idea is clearly wrong. No one wants the "jump to" to take this much time and to laboriously paint every bar one by one, and certainly no one wants to have to start over at the beginning just to move ahead from a current location.

The user workaround for issue #2 obviously is to just turn the replay speed up to a high number and move ahead to the time you want, rather than use Go To and have to start again at the beginning. But this caught me a couple of times until I realized I didn't really want to use Go To or the slider unless I had to.

I would appreciate it if someone could look into this and change this behavior, so that both Go To and the slider
    (1) don't have to paint the chart, bar by bar, just to move from the beginning to the desired time, and
    (2) don't have to go back to the earliest point in the file and repaint all the bars just to move ahead from the current bar, but instead starts from right where it is.

(This is in 8.0.13.1 64 bit.)

Thanks.

Bob.

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your post and thoughtful request.

Correct, it is working the way it was designed in NT8 (IE running each tick from the beginning of replay date to start date/time) so I will take your request into a feature request. If a feature request already exists, then your vote will be added to it.

I will update this request when I have further information. Thanks in advance for your patience and we appreciate the feedback on this topic.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bob,

Thanks for your patience.

The feature request has previously been requested so your vote has been added to SFT-2895, "Playback controller slider logic to revert to NinjaTrader 7's Market Replay controller"

We appreciate your interest to improve NinjaTrader8.

If anyone else is interested in this feature, please do let us know by adding your vote to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
        Hello Bob,

Thanks for your patience.

The feature request has previously been requested so your vote has been added to SFT-2895, "Playback controller slider logic to revert to NinjaTrader 7's Market Replay controller"

We appreciate your interest to improve NinjaTrader8.

If anyone else is interested in this feature, please do let us know by adding your vote to this thread.
        +1 for this feature to be enabled please, thanks.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-2895. Thanks.

Comment

I would like to see this enhancement also. +1

Comment

+1

this would be a big improvement. I avoid backtesting in NT8 at the moment.

Comment

+1 from me - at the moment, I find this theoretically extremely useful functionality unuasable.

Comment

Another +1 from me please

Comment

+1 please, i use MR every week!!!

Zolie

Comment

Hello ntuser2017, gurko, greagrea, challenger, peterb123, JohnSteinberg, Mozola,

Thanks for your interest in this feature request, your votes have been added.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-2895. This is a well needed feature - I rarely use replay because of these issues! Thanks

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

Thanks for your interest in this feature request, your vote has been added.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-2895. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in this feature. I have forwarded your vote on.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                              Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post junkone
                              by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              5 responses