Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can Playback Historical Data Skip Weekends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Playback Historical Data Skip Weekends?

How to make Playback Historical Data Skip Weekends?
    The time is running but there are no data and the chart is not moving
    It is basically wasting time.

Thank you!

Hello johnnybegoode, Thanks for your post.

I will submit a feature request to add this. Currently, market replay will always run through the weekend unless you use the goto feature to jump to the next week.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello johnnybegoode,

Thank you for your patience.

This request is being tracked under the number SFT-4236. Should this be included in a future version of the platform, you can find it in the release notes by this number.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here we are in May 2023. The Playback still plays through every second of the weekend where there is no market data. This "Feature" was requested in 2010 on the Ninja Forum. I think giving it a "feature request" is a kind way of saying, we will put this request in a bin where all these things go to die, have a nice day. Seriously, there is no way for the Ninja customer to track the progress of any of these feature requests before they by chance show up in a future release. There are no statistics on how many ever made it to future release. Ninja, you can do way better than this for a business model. I vote for this feature request. How many votes does this feature have? How many votes does it take to be developed?

Comment

Can I give a +10 on this one? Each forum member should get an allotment of X votes. Personally I would put my 10 votes on this one.

Comment

The real tragedy is that many of these long-lost feature requests are trivial to implement. So, either the devs are useless or more likely management does not care, as it does not generate new income. If they really wanted to pick up new users like TradingView has, they would implement features at the same rate that TV does. What if Ray just put a dev on some of this stuff?

Comment

Hello aslane,

Thanks for your note.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are currently 5000+ feature requests being tracked at this time and there are many factors involved when it comes to implementing feature requests. This is including but not limited to:
              • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
              • Feasibility
              • Developer bandwidth
              • Current projects in the queue
              • Economics
              You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm​​
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I manage and have managed software products 5000+ requests is daunting.
                I would guess that 4,000 of those requests are duplicative or worded just differently enough to not easily combine.
                If you could/would (yes you may not wish to expose some requests) and give the community a way to upvote, that could assist the users, developers and product managers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jeronymite