Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

There's still no easy 1 button click way to set an alert directly on a chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's still no easy 1 button click way to set an alert directly on a chart?

Trying to set an alert simply, without going through all these options for an alert in a template format. Can it be done with 1 or two mouse clicks like most other major platforms? If not, it's really unconscionable at this phase of development of the program and quite frankly disheartening, for what I paid for the lifetime license. If I'm wrong, apologies in advance.

Hello bortz,

Thanks for your post.

Alerts can be created with a few clicks when creating an alert from an indicator, chart object or chart data series. I have included the steps to accomplish this from our Configuring AlertsHelp Guide.
    Creating an alert from a chart indicator

If you have an indicator configured on an existing chart you wish to use in your alert condition, you can easily create an Alert based on the indicator by first left mouse clicking on the indicator plot to select the indicator, and then selecting Alert.

Doing so will automatically add the selected indicator as an object that is used in the Conditions properties.

Adding an alert from a chart drawing object

Drawing tools which exist on a chart can also be added as a condition object by firstleft clicking on the drawing tool, then selecting Alert.

Doing so will automatically add the selected drawing tool as an object that is used in the Conditions properties.

Adding an alert from a chart data series

If you have multiple data series on your chart (e.g., 5 minute and10 minute data series), you can select one of these series to be used as an condition object. Simply left mouse click on the chart data series itself, and select Alert

Doing so will automatically add the selected data series as an object that is used in the Conditions properties.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My set-up is a single pane 1 min. chart and I change charts by clicking the different tickers I set up in the Market Analyzer. That saves me screen real estate, by only having 1 chart on my main monitor. As soon as I set an alert, that alert will become deleted as soon as I change charts via market analyzer. This means the entire alert setting process is useless to the single chart users. Is there a work-around for single panel chart switchers like me?

Comment

Hello bortz,

Unfortunately, alerts are attached to the instrument on a chart and are removed if the instrument changes or if the chart is closed.

It is possible to add alerts to the Market Analyzer, however this would not be able to attach to drawing objects and there would be no shortcuts when adding the alert in the Alerts window.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The solution is to use an NT8 indicator to set the alert.

Found the solution here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d/price-alert/
          1 click to open the indicators window and 1 click to set the alert price, 1 click for hitting Ok or apply or whatever. Alerts stay set regardless of whether you use a single panel chart with chart switching controlled by market analyzer.
          Thanks for trying though..

Comment

Never mind. As soon as you switch charts, the previous chart's alert moves to that next selected chart. I have a love-hate relationship with NT 8. As soon as you remember what you love about the program, you find a limitation that should be a standard feature and it really pisses you off. Especially considering what us lifetime license holders paid for it. SOL again.

Comment

I would love a simple and effective solution for this as well. Bortz exactly described the limitations I am facing, and it seems so obvious in my mind too...

One-click price alert that stays on a chart regardless of the linking state, every trading software has them, no?

Comment

I want to request this as well. One-click price alerts. I used it all the time on IBKR. Bortz's add-on is ok, but doesn't solve it as they realized.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes