order flow volume profile warning message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order flow volume profile warning message

How can I disable the warning message I get from the order flow volume profile indicator when i'm using it on a Renko chart (tick based) but have the indicator resolution set to minutes.
    The indicator displays a text message half a mile long on the bottom of my chart saying "for maximum accuracy, please run resolution tick on tick based chart"
    I do thank you for the heads up about better resolution on tick based but for me minute resolution outweighs the staggeringly long calculation time this indicator takes to solve a 5 day or longer time span.
    Please let me know how to disable the warning message as it's taking up >50% of the bottom row of my chart. Thanks

Hello dtl-saw,

Thank you for your post.

There would not currently be a way to disable this message other than switching to tick based resolution.

I've added a vote for you to an existing feature request to add this ability, which may be tracked under SFT-3770.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, I use some renko and heikin-ashi and I'd like to remove this warning as well. Is it possible to create a option to hide it, please?

Comment

Hello danalec,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added a vote for you to SFT-3770 as well.

Comment

Having the option to get rid of this message would be wonderful. I am also using Heiken-Ashi tick bars and this message is showing up on my chart and covering up my tick counter. I have a high-end PC and it takes forever to have an Order Flow Volume profile calculate on tick resolution, hence opting for minute resolution. Strange thing is only 10%-15% of my processor (Ryzen 3900x) is being used when charts are "calculating." Would tick resolution calculate faster if historical data is cached somehow? It seems when the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator is being used it has to download past historical tick data (slowly) and calculate as it goes.

Comment

Hello Rogue_Two,

Thank you for your post.

Bars do get cached, even tick based bars. However, even with a very nice processor it's still expected that tick based charts, especially for longer time frames, may take a decent amount of time to load and calculate. Tick data does take some time to download from your provider.

I have added a vote for you to SFT-3770 as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aa731
            by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
            3 responses