Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is it possible to submit two orders in Basic Entry simultaneously?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to submit two orders in Basic Entry simultaneously?

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been documented clearly. I am still learning NT8.

I want to roll my position in NQ to the next expiration while minimizing the effects of any sudden price movements.

Pretend example:

I am long 1 contract NQ 12-19. It is now 12/12/2019 and I want to roll to my position to NQ 03-20. To do this manually, I would need to flatten then submit a market buy 1 NQ 03-20 in Basic Entry.

The problem with this is that I will be subject to random market moves in between me flattening my NQ 12-19 and buying my new NQ 03-20. If the market goes up a couple points in between those orders (takes about 5-10 seconds for me) then I will have lost out on that market move.

So, in summary, is it possible to submit these orders simultaneously: Sell 1 NQ 12-19, Buy 1 NQ 03-20?

Thank you.

Hello ShatteredX,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to manage multiple virtual positions in the same market. This allows you to manage a long and short position in the same market simultaneously.

Here is how this is accomplished:
    • Open 2 SuperDOMs or 2 Charts (with Chart Trader) and set them both to the same market
    • Right click in on of the order entry windows and select the menu "Properties"
    • Set the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' parameter to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly"
    • Repeat the last two instructions on the second order entry window
    • Submit a buy order to open a long position in the first order entry window
    • Submit a sell order to open a short position in the second order entry window

In addition to these instructions, I suggest reviewing the content available in our Online Help Guide specific to this topic.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Marco,

Thank you for your help.

I don't want to use virtual positions. I want to flatten my NQ 12-19 position and buy (or sell) NQ 03-20 so there is 0 seconds between orders in my real brokerage account. Basically, I'd like to be able to queue up multiple orders to different instruments and then submit them all to my broker.

I reviewed your link and it doesn't look like it will help me. I don't want to set up an OCO or reverse my position based on a target or stop.

I'm thinking the only way to do this would be to write a custom NT strategy (for every rollover) that submits an order OnExecution to buy or sell a specific instrument.
      Last edited by ShatteredX; 09-25-2019, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I would agree - a custom NinjaScript strategy would be best here. If you need any assistance with NinjaScript, post on the NinjaScript sub-forums or reach out to us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your specific questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DrakeiJosh  
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rhubear