• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja for MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add me to the list as well. I find it very surprising for a company to have such a fantastic product only to purposefully limit its user base. I am sure the demand is there, but due to these pseudo solutions (parallels and VMWare) and alternative platforms, the outcry is not as loud. I understand the decision to enable Macbook users on your platform is far more complicated than just writing some code, but I do want to do my part albeit as small as it is to let the decision makers know that there is in fact a community of people that are salivating for the opportunity to use their product on MacBook hardware.

Comment

This voting is completely manipulated and fake.
      24 people voted for MAC in a period of almost three years!

From these 24 posters 11 posted only 1 time, 4 posted only 2 times, 2 posted 3 times and 1 posted 4 times.

So only 6 posters have a relevant number of posting to assume they are real and unique. All the rest can be reduced to a few or possible even 1 person who creates new profiles and tries to manipulate the votings.

Windows represents in 2020 88% of the market, Mac only 9%. So Windows is 10 times bigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-18 17_10_02-Window.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1090915

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2300 View Post

From these 24 posters 11 posted only 1 time, 4 posted only 2 times, 2 posted 3 times and 1 posted 4 times.

So only 6 posters have a relevant number of posting to assume they are real and unique. All the rest can be reduced to a few or possible even 1 person who creates new profiles and tries to manipulate the votings.

Windows represents in 2020 88% of the market, Mac only 9%. So Windows is 10 times bigger.

I cannot speak for other voters, but I can assure you that I am not fake. I google'd Ninja Trader for MAC and was directly taken to this thread. As for as the statistics, obviously Windows is bigger. No one is disputing that.

Comment

Maybe you should read posting #45 that I wrote and you will understand that economically it would be a disaster for Ninjatrader (Ray).
          Last stats show that Windows took more marketshare and Mac lost some.
          Last edited by marcus2300; 03-18-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lexusfood View Post
            Honestly I hope they NEVER support mac. The reason why the platform is so good is because they only focus on one platform and can release updates every couple of months because they are not supporting multiple versions. For the same reason I hope they never have a mobile app. That's for your broker to do, not to be doing technical analysis from a mobile app.

Keep the platform on one platform, and since its on .net already, keep it windows based. Let's face it - if trading makes you money, you will just run vmware and ninjatrader. I've done it before, its simple, it works and it takes you a lot less effort than it would take NinjaTrader to create a mac version.

Don't support multiple platform's ninjatrader, keep doing what your doing.
            Agree.
            (There are already many improvements pending implementation in windows).

Comment

Please add my request for a Mac version of NT. Yours is my first choice for day trading the ES. Have used PCs for years yet have never, ever been able to get one to work as well as my MacBook.

NinjaTrader_EricB, I see your instructions here for how to run NT in a virtual environment. These appear simplified so I wonder if more detailed instructions are available?

Comment

GregoryBaskin , I assume you're referring to post #2 where Eric mentions that users have found success running NinjaTrader on a virtual Windows machine setup within a Mac. Since we do not provide any assistance for any operating system other than Windows, we do not have any additional instructions. If you need more detail about how to configure a virtual Windows machine on Mac, please reach out to the support resources of either Mac or the virtual Windows service you've chosen.

I've added your vote to SFT-230.
                Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2300 View Post

I don't think someone created a bunch of fake accounts and is posting once every few months over the course of three years in order to get NinjaTrader to support Mac...Talk about dedication.

I think it's far more likely that, like me, these individuals came across the endless good reviews for NinjaTrader, tried to download it, only to find out it doesn't work on their Mac, then checked to see if there is a way around this issue only to find this forum.

There are a lot of younger people getting interested in trading these days, many use Macs. And the votes you're getting in this forum are only a fraction of the amount of people that have tried to download NinjaTrader only to find it isn't supported on their Mac.

Count my vote towards Mac.

Parallels is a poor option, and people aren't going to switch from a Mac back to a PC...or use Parallels. The future is Mac. Has been for a while. Time to catch up.

Comment

https://www.pcmag.com/news/macos-vs-...ly-is-the-best

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Fiocco, Today, 05:59 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Fiocco
                    by Fiocco

Started by catinabag, Today, 06:09 AM