Collapse

Ninja for MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This voting is completely manipulated and fake.
    24 people voted for MAC in a period of almost three years!

From these 24 posters 11 posted only 1 time, 4 posted only 2 times, 2 posted 3 times and 1 posted 4 times.

So only 6 posters have a relevant number of posting to assume they are real and unique. All the rest can be reduced to a few or possible even 1 person who creates new profiles and tries to manipulate the votings.

Windows represents in 2020 88% of the market, Mac only 9%. So Windows is 10 times bigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-18 17_10_02-Window.jpg
Views:	1535
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1090915

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2300 View Post

From these 24 posters 11 posted only 1 time, 4 posted only 2 times, 2 posted 3 times and 1 posted 4 times.

So only 6 posters have a relevant number of posting to assume they are real and unique. All the rest can be reduced to a few or possible even 1 person who creates new profiles and tries to manipulate the votings.

Windows represents in 2020 88% of the market, Mac only 9%. So Windows is 10 times bigger.

I cannot speak for other voters, but I can assure you that I am not fake. I google'd Ninja Trader for MAC and was directly taken to this thread. As for as the statistics, obviously Windows is bigger. No one is disputing that.

Comment

Maybe you should read posting #45 that I wrote and you will understand that economically it would be a disaster for Ninjatrader (Ray).
        Last stats show that Windows took more marketshare and Mac lost some.
        Last edited by marcus2300; 03-18-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lexusfood View Post
          Honestly I hope they NEVER support mac. The reason why the platform is so good is because they only focus on one platform and can release updates every couple of months because they are not supporting multiple versions. For the same reason I hope they never have a mobile app. That's for your broker to do, not to be doing technical analysis from a mobile app.

Keep the platform on one platform, and since its on .net already, keep it windows based. Let's face it - if trading makes you money, you will just run vmware and ninjatrader. I've done it before, its simple, it works and it takes you a lot less effort than it would take NinjaTrader to create a mac version.

Don't support multiple platform's ninjatrader, keep doing what your doing.
          Agree.
          (There are already many improvements pending implementation in windows).

Comment

Please add my request for a Mac version of NT. Yours is my first choice for day trading the ES. Have used PCs for years yet have never, ever been able to get one to work as well as my MacBook.

NinjaTrader_EricB, I see your instructions here for how to run NT in a virtual environment. These appear simplified so I wonder if more detailed instructions are available?

Comment

GregoryBaskin , I assume you're referring to post #2 where Eric mentions that users have found success running NinjaTrader on a virtual Windows machine setup within a Mac. Since we do not provide any assistance for any operating system other than Windows, we do not have any additional instructions. If you need more detail about how to configure a virtual Windows machine on Mac, please reach out to the support resources of either Mac or the virtual Windows service you've chosen.

I've added your vote to SFT-230.

Comment

I don't think someone created a bunch of fake accounts and is posting once every few months over the course of three years in order to get NinjaTrader to support Mac...Talk about dedication.

I think it's far more likely that, like me, these individuals came across the endless good reviews for NinjaTrader, tried to download it, only to find out it doesn't work on their Mac, then checked to see if there is a way around this issue only to find this forum.

There are a lot of younger people getting interested in trading these days, many use Macs. And the votes you're getting in this forum are only a fraction of the amount of people that have tried to download NinjaTrader only to find it isn't supported on their Mac.

Count my vote towards Mac.

Parallels is a poor option, and people aren't going to switch from a Mac back to a PC...or use Parallels. The future is Mac. Has been for a while. Time to catch up.

Comment

Apple or Microsoft: How do the two leading desktop operating systems stack up on usability, security, hardware compatibility, and 16 other important factors? We break it down feature by feature.

Comment

this suggestion has been going on since ......2014. I guess it isn't a priority for NT which is a shame. Windows is pure *****, unstable, touchy, falls over DAILY. Mac has none of these issues. I have started using other software.
                    oh and plus one on the vote for a mac version! By the way I have been using NT for 10 years so I have some experience. My mac is a joy to use, Windows makes me grit my teeth - things 'change' on windows without me doing a thing. And my mac is 9 years old and runs faster than my 4 week old laptop. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                      this suggestion has been going on since ......2014. I guess it isn't a priority for NT which is a shame. Windows is pure *****, unstable, touchy, falls over DAILY. Mac has none of these issues. I have started using other software.
                      oh and plus one on the vote for a mac version! By the way I have been using NT for 10 years so I have some experience. My mac is a joy to use, Windows makes me grit my teeth - things 'change' on windows without me doing a thing. And my mac is 9 years old and runs faster than my 4 week old laptop. Ridiculous.
                      What is this trading software you are using for Mac, Minset?

I have the same opinion about PCs. Over several decades I have managed dozens of PCs for my business, my family and myself. About three years ago I acquired a new MacBook and the stability is friggin' amazing compared to PCs. Those computers made me question -- for years -- what I was doing incorrectly in regard to their maintenance. No, it wasn't me, it was all of those crappy Microsoft OSs scattered through time.

Comment

Good afternoon,

Please, for what it's worth, let the record show my vote for Mac... NT is perfect because it's NT, not because it runs under windows;
                        Honestly, NT works on W because it's the way to more sales, not better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by elopezh View Post
                          Good afternoon,

Please, for what it's worth, let the record show my vote for Mac... NT is perfect because it's NT, not because it runs under windows;
                          Honestly, NT works on W because it's the way to more sales, not better quality.
                          I can confirm that under Windows the program works perfect already for many years.
                          No need to bash Windows and pretend better quality on MAC. If MAC would have better quality, MAC would be selling 90% of all computers and Windows 10%. Reality is however exactly the opposite. 90% for Windows and 10% for MAC.
                          Again a vote from a 1 post Junior member.

Comment

This is a comment from a MAC user trading on NT8, that I found on another website (Elitetrader). It shows clearly that it works on MAC well.

Name:	2020-05-23 09_14_11-Window.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1101292

Comment

This is a comment from a MAC user trading on NT8, that I found on another website (Elitetrader). It shows clearly that it works on MAC well.

Name:	2020-05-23 09_14_11-Window.jpg
Views:	993
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1101292
                              I've had no problems with ninjatrader on my mac too, just follow this tutorial, so easy: https://www.xabcdtrading.com/blog/ninjatrader-8-mac/

Comment

I suppose that making an MAC version is not easy , neither cheap.
                                Speaking about economics: windows has a 77.91% market share in the computer world, Mac has a 13.17% market share.

Assuming that making and continuously supporting and updating a MAC version would cost almost the same price as the original development of the Windows version. This investment would give Ninjatrader a theoretical potential 17% increase in income. As business model that is more or less a disaster. The Windows business of Ninjatrader would theoretically be about 6 times bigger then the MAC business for almost the same investment.

In other words: for an investment of 100, potential size of business from Windows clients would be 77.91. For the same investment of 100, potential size of business from MAC clients would be 13.17.

The MAC business would cost money to Ninjatrader and would never become profitable.
                                Click image for larger version Name:	2019-12-26 01_02_27-Window.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	1081902
                                2020 Data:
                                https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market...ktop/worldwide

Go MAC ... another 3% growth!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes