Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja for MAC

Good morning

I have a MAC computer and I would like to know if Ninja is working on the development of the MAC version and when it might be available.

Thanks and regards

Hello enricbcn,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. There is not a set date or plans to release a Mac version, t this time our development team is tracking interest in this item, however. I will also make sure you vote is counted as well.

NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 are Windows applications which rely on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System and DOES NOT run on the Mac Operating System.

While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.

We have specific installation instructions for Parallels and VMWare Fusion which will allow you to run NinjaTrader on your Mac. Below you will find instructions specific to the available options of running NinjaTrader on a Mac computer with the virtualization tools. Please note that Windows is sold separately from BootCamp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Parallels

When installing NinjaTrader on a Mac using Parallels users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.

Start Parallels and select your virtual machine
    Press the "Configure" button on the top
    Under "Options", select "Sharing"
    Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
    Press "OK" and start the virtual machine
    Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for VMWare Fusion:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running VMWare, users will need to ensure that the following steps have been taken prior to the installation of NinjaTrader.

Start VMWare and select your virtual machine
    Press the "Settings" button on the bottom
    Under "System Settings", select "Sharing"
    Uncheck "Documents" from the "Mirrored Folders" list
    Close the "Settings" window and start the virtual machine
    Mac Installation - Configuring NinjaTrader for Apple Boot Camp:

When configuring NinjaTrader on a Mac running Apple Boot Camp, there are no special instructions needed.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As you say you have to buy a windows license and also buy Parallels and work in a virtual environment that is always less secure.

So I suggest you think about the development of the MAC version because your software is very good but for those of us with MAC it means a very high cost.

Thanks and regards

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

The ID for this request is SFT-230. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I cant believe that there is not support for macbook, There are so many people using parallels or vmware just to use your platform..... It doesnt make sense. come on, create a platform for macbook, so more people can use it. There are a lot of brokers that they have support for macbook and many macbook users are moving to other platforms just because that, so do not let the competition beat you, and give a platform for mac to be competitive.

Comment

Hello [email protected],

Thank you for your note.

We have added a vote to our existing feature request SFT-230.

Comment

Yes, me too! I would love to use Ninjatrader but would have to buy a separate computer...

Comment

Hello konstantinzander,

Thank you for your note.

We have added a vote to our existing feature request SFT-230.

Comment

I want to trade on my Macbook so bad because they are overall better computers, but I can't because of Ninjatrader not being compatible with the Apple OS. Please make an Apple OS version of Ninjatrader. There are literally millions of Macbook users that you would gain as customers if you did that. Ninjatrader is the best trading platform on the market so it is a shame that this hasn't been done already.

Comment

Microsoft already announced that .net core 3 will support desktop platforms like WPF and winforms..
                    Even better they already opensourced WPF and winforms.
                    This is the first steps.. I guess its only a matter of time before WPF will be ported to OSX & linux..
                    Why this is important ? Since Ninja is a .net WPF application. So when Ninja is ported to .net core and wpf is available for OSX then it should be simple to support osx/linux
                    EB Worx
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EB Worx

Comment

You Can add me to the list as well.... The school I am currently taking a class from in Day Trading highly recommends you & I'd like to be on the same platform as the teacher but I will never go back to to PC! I'd hate to know I just through away all that money and can't use my computer.

Comment

Hello MikeyZ,

Thank you for your post.

Your vote has been added for this feature request.

Comment

You may add me to the list as well. Now I need to install parallels and windows on my Mac only for Ninjatrader.

Comment

Added, Gerben54

Comment

We are in 2019 and there are no plans for Mac OS??????? Incredible.....and incomprehensible........ Come on, we want NinjaTrader for Mac, this is the most weak point you have..., and so many mac users are using others platforms because this. This is a good platform and its expensive too, the minimum is to have a platform compatible with most used operating systems...Windows and Mac...

NinjaTrader for Mac for when!????

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes