Collapse

Ninja for MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback, AlbertM. I've added your vote to SFT-230.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
    • Feasibility
    • Developer bandwidth
    • Current projects in the queue
    • Economics

Comment

Hi PatrickG,

First of all, thank you for your answer. I just wanted to give my opinion

The success of a platform lies in the fact that the maximum users use it. If you limit the use of the platform to a single operating system, you are losing many potential customers. It should be available for all platforms, but otherwise it is possible, at least for the 2 most used that cover 80% of users. (windows and mac)

I see that you are adding "votes" to whoever asks for this, however I do not think that the statistics are real. A mac user who is looking for a platform for trading and sees that NT is not available for mac, does not think about signing up in the forum and sending a post to be counted as a vote. Just look for another platform and forget to use NT. (you are losing a lot of potential clients)

I am a computer engineer and I am aware that having developed the platform using the .NET framework means that you can not reuse a lot of code and you have to do a development practically from scratch, which is quite a lot of time and money. However, I still see it as essential so that you can expand the use of your platform and compete in the market. I am concerned about the fact that there are not even plans to do so in the future, which indicates that we will not see a version in years ...

It is simply my opinion. Thank you

Comment

YES for MAC. my god, why hasn't that been done............?.............

Comment

You can add me to that list as well. Right now I have to run VirtualBox with a Windows instance to use NT. Would be great not having to use the additional resources of the VM to just run NT. Thanks!

Comment

sidviciousX, Tenfold - I've added your votes.

Comment

YES for Mac!

Comment

Macs are for Photos, Music, Emails, Facebook, teenagers and Graphic Designers. And why is it that everyone in this thread is a first-time poster? Have any of you even tried Ninjatrader before or could you not figure out how to install it without the app store? Trading is VERY complicated and not at all musical or facebooky.

I think the people in this thread are all the same person and that Ninjatrader's dev team should continue to make the PC version more and more awesome rather than waste time on a ground-up re-implementation for Mac.

Comment

I don't see a need for a MAC version of NT. I'm not a MAC person for the simple reason that the Apple Architecture was not designed to be compatible with many Windows software.

I purchase $350 Windows machines from newegg every couple of years, and dedicate the newest one to trading.

Comment

I think in the end this is for Ninjatrader to decide if it is worth it for them to develop a Mac version. I know how this is, as I work for a software company developing both a Windows and Mac version of their complex design software. People have been clamoring for a Linux version, but as I see it the demand is just not there, expect for the few voices heard on forums. If it is a similar case, I would rather have Ninja developers make Ninjatrader the best baddest trading software on Windows only.

Comment

I'm a longtime NT7/8 lifetimer. I feel it's the best available platform for trading futures. That being said, it is 2019 and there are a growing amount of competitors now that are web-based and offer both Windows and Mac platforms/support that look very promising. It would cool to see both options available to NT users as I am both a Mac and PC user so you can include me in the vote for yes as well.

Comment

Yes for a Macosx version RE: SFT-230. Thanks!

Comment

Please consider creating a Ninjatrader for MAC soon or I will be forced to leave a Ninjatrader.
                          I do not want to have to use Paralells Nor of course have to use Windows.
                          We buy Mac because we do not want to have Windows, it's crazy.
                          Ninjatrader is my favorite, but I will be forced to quit and there is no solution soon.

Comment

Please add my name to NinjaTrader for MAC as well. I run MAC exclusively and while Parallels for windows works, it has challenges and pain points. Thank you.

Comment

Add me to the list! PLEASE PLASE PLASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Comment

Please, add my vote for a native Mac version. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary