Collapse

Ninja for MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I hope they NEVER support mac. The reason why the platform is so good is because they only focus on one platform and can release updates every couple of months because they are not supporting multiple versions. For the same reason I hope they never have a mobile app. That's for your broker to do, not to be doing technical analysis from a mobile app.

Keep the platform on one platform, and since its on .net already, keep it windows based. Let's face it - if trading makes you money, you will just run vmware and ninjatrader. I've done it before, its simple, it works and it takes you a lot less effort than it would take NinjaTrader to create a mac version.

Don't support multiple platform's ninjatrader, keep doing what your doing.

Comment

Add me to the list please, I need install NT8 in my Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by sidviciousX View Post
        YES for MAC. my god, why hasn't that been done............?.............
        I would only assume it's because this thread was created in 05-08-2018, and there are only a handful of votes. Not that many...

Comment

Yes it would be nice if NT8 was available on MAC. Interactive Brokers now works on MAC and makes a nice combo. Please put my vote in as well

Comment

My vote too for a native Mac Os NT8

Comment

I've added all new votes for SFT-230

I will no longer be updating this post with new vote confirmations, but please know that your vote has been counted if you've commented here.

Comment

Yeah, well same here. A native OSX App in 2019 might be very late though still state of the art as parallels, wine or virtual machines are definitely no more than a bad and messy workaround...

Comment

Originally posted by lexusfood View Post
                  Honestly I hope they NEVER support mac. The reason why the platform is so good is because they only focus on one platform and can release updates every couple of months because they are not supporting multiple versions. For the same reason I hope they never have a mobile app. That's for your broker to do, not to be doing technical analysis from a mobile app.

Keep the platform on one platform, and since its on .net already, keep it windows based. Let's face it - if trading makes you money, you will just run vmware and ninjatrader. I've done it before, its simple, it works and it takes you a lot less effort than it would take NinjaTrader to create a mac version.

Don't support multiple platform's ninjatrader, keep doing what your doing.
                  I couldn't agree more. The list of suggestions for potential improvements in CURRENT environment is more than long enough. Developers can't fight all fights at the same time AND keep up with the pace of the market.

Comment

They already lost massive ground to the top tiers of the biz, so what could they loose more?!

Comment

I don't think Ninja's management team wants to invest in building Mac version, despite that .net core enables such c# based platform to run on mac.

Comment

Please add my note as well. I'm a MAC user and even i have Ninjatrader license i don't want to run it on Parallels.

Comment

Originally posted by enricbcn View Post
                          Good morning

I have a MAC computer and I would like to know if Ninja is working on the development of the MAC version and when it might be available.

Thanks and regards
                          Please add me to in the list. Macs are more reliable and we like to stick to them. Please create the software for Macs too. thanks

Comment

I suppose that making an MAC version is not easy , neither cheap.
                            Speaking about economics: windows has a 77.91% market share in the computer world, Mac has a 13.17% market share.

Assuming that making and continuously supporting and updating a MAC version would cost almost the same price as the original development of the Windows version. This investment would give Ninjatrader a theoretical potential 17% increase in income. As business model that is more or less a disaster. The Windows business of Ninjatrader would theoretically be about 6 times bigger then the MAC business for almost the same investment.

In other words: for an investment of 100, potential size of business from Windows clients would be 77.91. For the same investment of 100, potential size of business from MAC clients would be 13.17.

The MAC business would cost money to Ninjatrader and would never become profitable.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-12-26 01_02_27-Window.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.3 KB ID:	1081902
                            Last edited by marcus2300; 12-25-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Add me to the list. Full time trader, mac only. Would definitely use ninjatrader, except parallels and vmware are not reliable performers, and that's putting it mildly.

Comment

Add me to the list as well. I find it very surprising for a company to have such a fantastic product only to purposefully limit its user base. I am sure the demand is there, but due to these pseudo solutions (parallels and VMWare) and alternative platforms, the outcry is not as loud. I understand the decision to enable Macbook users on your platform is far more complicated than just writing some code, but I do want to do my part albeit as small as it is to let the decision makers know that there is in fact a community of people that are salivating for the opportunity to use their product on MacBook hardware.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Jon17
                                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                                0 responses