Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakaelm
    replied
    You can add me to the list, it's not fair to not be allowed to run Ninjtatrader on the Mac OS

Leave a comment:

• SAITON
    replied
    Please add my vote for a mac edition Please Please Please Please Please

Leave a comment:

• frasg
    replied
    Originally posted by patrickseifert View Post
    With the launch on October 18, 2021 of the new Macs with M1X chip, the choice of this platform for trading is major! Please developp a macOS version of NijaTrader!
    I want to vote too, the new Macs will expand the catchment area and go to God. It would simply be spectacular a native version for MacOs. Other competitors have reprogrammed the platform for the new chips and goes much better than previous versions.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• patrickseifert
    replied
    With the launch on October 18, 2021 of the new Macs with M1X chip, the choice of this platform for trading is major! Please developp a macOS version of NijaTrader!

Leave a comment:

• oliverkeim
    replied
    lets for MA OSX soon

Leave a comment:

• canonguy
    replied
    Hey Ninja Team,

Please add my vote to this platform support request.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• M4Trader
    replied
    Originally posted by marianbusoi View Post
    I just completed my application and could not believe there is no MAC support... Having to setup a virtual machine environment to be able to run the platform and execute trades is ridiculous...
    Agreed. You’d think at the very least they would have come out with a browser platform. Which would allow anyone, on any device to access the platform easily so long as they had access to the internet.

Leave a comment:

• wildwex
    replied
    In the US, yes, MAC has gained 28% marketshare as of 2021.
    This graph shows the market share of desktop operating systems in United States Of America based on over 5 billion monthly page views.

I'm a MAC user myself and I've had solid success leveraging Parallels to host this PC based program.
    Certainly, I would relish seeing a MAC version of the program but there are development challenges supporting multiple
    platforms if you didn't initially build the solution with a common framework/codebase.

NinjaTrader is an excellent trading platform when compared to what's out there today. If I had a choice between
    dual platform and feature requests (some long overdue), I'd choose feature requests first.

Yes, with the new Apple M1 chip, we'd see improved performance in NT8. which would be a plus.

Leave a comment:

• marianbusoi
    replied
    I just completed my application and could not believe there is no MAC support... Having to setup a virtual machine environment to be able to run the platform and execute trades is ridiculous...

Leave a comment:

• M4Trader
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    I've added all new votes for SFT-230

I will no longer be updating this post with new vote confirmations, but please know that your vote has been counted if you've commented here.
    Please add my vote for SFT-230

Leave a comment:

• patrickseifert
    replied
    I vote for a NT8 native MAC solution… The new ARM chip M1 and next… is mind-blowing and NT8 running on this chip family will be really awesome !

Leave a comment:

• frasg
    replied
    +1 vote for nt8 native Mac solution

Leave a comment:

• Vendor_NT_Mobile
    replied
    NinjaTrader does not run natively on a MAC, but there are workarounds as suggested in this thread about using bootcamp, VMware, Parallels, etc.

Another recommendation is to run NinjaTrader on a server. A VPS allows trading with NinjaTrader on MACs, iPhones, and iPads.

The way it works is instead of running NinjaTrader on your home computer, it is installed your server which is on 24/7. This approach fixes the problem of needing to run your home computer all the time. All servers have Mobile App access, enabling you to trade on an Android, iPhone, Tablet, Mac/Windows from anywhere in the world, at anytime.

A dedicated server for trading will always outperform a similarly spec'd home computer.
    VPS connections are 1,000mbs, so the server is always connected to the broker/data source.
    Would highly recommend checking out
    https://www.ninjamobiletrader.com/

They're also listed on the NinjaTrader ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/sea...biletrader-vps

Originally posted by Hagenroe View Post
    Hi! Is it possible to run NT if you use the Boot Camp-assistent on your MacBook to get Windows? Any experience with this?

Leave a comment:

• SAC-MAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Hagenroe View Post
    Hi! Is it possible to run NT if you use the Boot Camp-assistent on your MacBook to get Windows? Any experience with this?
    HI yes it is possible, if you see the last few posts on this thread that is exactly what we are talking about as well as the advantages and disadvantages of using bootcamp over VMware or Parallels.
    Dual booting can be annoying however, if you have a newer MAC I'd go with using VMware (Ie not using Bootcamp,) which you can get for free if you just register on their site (this was a nice surprise).

Leave a comment:

• Hagenroe
    replied

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
11 responses
0 likes
Last Post xiinteractive  
Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred