Panic: Resource AddOn.xyz not defined in NinjaTrader.Resource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic: Resource AddOn.xyz not defined in NinjaTrader.Resource

I am having issue with panics this AM. I was compiling and running fine last night, and this AM I opened a workspace and started getting the panic messages calling out one of my AddOns as not defined in the NinjaTrader.Resource. All indicators that use that AddOn are generating the message and of course failing.

The AddOn being called out is a simple AddOn with just a namespace and some common code that I use across different indicators. I have been doing this with no issues forever, so not sure why it suddenly started failing.

I have tried recompiling, restarting, reinstalling NT. Nothing seems to resolve the issue.

I tried renaming the AddOn, but the original name is still called out as missing.

I even tried moving the common code directly into the indicators, and removed the AddOn, but I still get the message. It seems like there is some cached copy of something that I can not figure out how to get rid of or force to regenerate.

Any ideas?

Hello aslane,

Thanks for posting.

Without an exact case to look at together it may be difficult to give exact suggestions. There are some ways we could approach this however.

After closing NinjaTrader, please move the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll and NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll's from your Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/ folder and restart NinjaTrader. The assemblies should be copied from the Program Files folder and the custom assembly should be rebuilt.

If this does not help, could you reach out to me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so we can schedule a support call to take a look together? Please include a link to the thread and the text "Attention Jim" as well as a time and phone number we can use to get connected. (Please also include a time zone.) Our regular support hours are 8:30am to 6pm US Eastern, Monday through Friday.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I managed to get it boot strapped.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin