Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Machine ID Error - New Computer

Hello,

I just set up a new Windows 10 PC that I bought and when I installed and then launched NT8, I got the following error message:

NinjaTrader has detected recent changes to your machine ID. For security purposes, you will need to re-enter account connection credentials and your license key has been reset to a simulation only key.

Screenshot attached.

So where do I re-enter my account connection credentials?

And what do I do about my license key being reset to a simulation only key? How to change that?

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Never mind, I figured it out and took care of it.

But I am not able to connect to Ninjatrader Continuum now. But the error message said to contact my FCM for that, so I did, and I assume either they will handle it or they'll forward it to Ninjatrader Brokerage.

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for your note.

You may re-enter account credentials in the Connections tab of the Control Center, simply select Configure to create the Account Connection.

As for your license key, you can enter your live key under Help > License Key.

Please let us know if we may provide further assistance.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks, I am now able to connect to Ninjatrader Continuum.

My chart templates are basically empty now although. That is probably because the indicator vendors have my old Machine ID, so their indicators won't load.

I will have to contact them with my new Machine ID.

Comment

I am having this same problem. I do follow the steps you have outlined and I am able to connect and see my correct account information. However, even when I save my workspace, when I close NT and re-open, I am presented with this error each time.

What steps am I missing to make this error go away for good?

Also, I did a backup export from the prior machine in order to import all my settings configured in the previous machine. In addition to the error above, I am told I cannot complete the import as the "NinjaTrader.sdf" file is being used by another process"

I appreciate your assistance resolving these issues.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Monica" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader > Trace folder.

I suspect that you may be sharing the NinjaTrader folder via Onedrive or another backup software with another computer and therefore each time you open up the Platform it sees that the Machine ID has changed which then removes your Username, Password, and License Key for precautions. Please send the Log and Trace files to the Platform support email provided above so that I may further investigate.

I look forward to hearing from you.
            Monica T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post ScottWalsh  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM